DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently tinted my windows at a shop in Chico.. and before that i had reupholstered my seat, so it was BRAND NEW.. and well, i take it in for the windows and he did the back window.. and it was a good job.. well i wore a new shirt home that day, and a new shirt the next day that i drove it.. with no other passengers.. now there is gluey crap all over my seat in the back of the drivers side, and the bottom of the passengers side.. the guy is being an ass saying we didnt see it when i left.. but i am 100% sure he did it.. is there anything i could do to get him to pay for the seat to be reupholstered?

·
Registered
410 Posts
I think your in a tough situation. For the life of me, I can't imagine what kind of glue that a tinter would use to leave that kind of a mess on your seat. Get an estimate of what getting your seat repaired or cleaned and then take the estimates to the owner of the shop. If talking to the shops owner doesn't get you anywhere, I'd say your next course of action would be to small claims court. The problem is there, your going to have to some how prove that your seats were clean before you brought your vehicle into the shop. It sucks when you have to go through crap like this. You may want to talk with a professional upholstery cleaner, some of those companies have products that can work miracles.

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya, it would cost 300 to have teh seat reupholstered (again).. and there really is no way of proving that he did do it.. although, i am 100% sure he did! i guess ill have to call an upholstery cleaner and see if they could do anything to clean them.. its only 9 of the 24 strips on my seat that are ruined.. but uh, you cant just have strips replaced. It looked almost like window glue, i really dont know.. we used carpet cleaner and a few other things to try to et it off, but theres 11 or so spots that look like this. and feel all crusty!

Attachments

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
come to think of it, he said he used baby shampoo, or softener, or something like that to apply with water to put the tint on. i dont remember exactly waht it was, so im thinking tha tmust be teh stuff.. im not exactly sure.. i know it wasnt there until after he tinted the windows.

·
Registered
410 Posts
If you go to the shop to talk to the owner, see if you can get that bottle away from the guy and drip some on your seat and see if it stains.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm With Mom........

I'm "just" a Mom, myself, but, I wanted to toss out there that I'm with your Mom. I have at least 15 different bottles of baby shampoo at my house, and, if any of the stuff did something like THAT to upholstery - that should be durable - I'd never use it on my child. Besides, it would have foamed when you tried cleaning it. Don't let him fool you - that's glue through and through. It even stains like glue would - and I'm not talking about the children's kind, either. That's the strong stuff.

It never makes sense to me when people want to pull that stuff. Does he want to ruin the repuation of his company because of 9 stripes of ruined upholstery?

Good luck! :rck:

·
Yo Daddy
1,414 Posts
The only way to get glue on your seats is if you had old tint removed, then the new stuff put back on. When they take off old tint, the glue is nasty and will stick to anything it touches and is a real pain in the azz. Even though there is glue on the new tint it isn't sticky to the touch. Thats all I can think of. Good luck bro.

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^well what im thinking, is he already had the glue on him.. maybe from removing tint before us?looks like it was on his pants or arms or something.. and it got rubbed on my truck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.