DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you get those pain in the A fender liners out I'm trying to reach ecu and need to remove liner but can't get the screws or whatever is holding them in out, 2004 dodge Durango hemi

·
Power Aficionado
1,823 Posts
They are a pain. You can use a 1/4" drill bit and drill them out....and repalce them when you put it back in. Remember you should be able to get a picture of it by reaching toward the back of the engine compartment next to the battery....might take a couple dozen to get it, but it might be easier then tearing the inner-fender out.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the response! But I was putting in a jet chip and had to take out the ECM, just pray to god you never have to do this.. It took me 4 hours to get it out and back in, it is in the most ridiculous spot and is almost inaccesable from the top. Before I tried to remove the battery tray, but that is even more ridiculous to remove WOW! Finally I got it in but man what a pain.....

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
On of the Y shaped insert tool remove works and you may be able to reuse it. If not local auto parts stores sell a product simular but you dont need the $$$ rivit tools. Its more like a anchor you use in plaster walls that when you tighten the inner screw it expands to hold.

·
Registered
13,484 Posts
After having it done for about 3-5 times it takes me 20 minutes through the fender :)
First time it also took me all morning going through the engine compartment! Back in the day I had no clue about DT! All I thought was there is no F$%#in way that this is the way to do it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.