DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 07 durango with 60,000 on it with a larger size tire one up from stock well they have been on for about 5000 miles but now all of a sudden all the lights on the instrament cluster have been going crazy the esp abs lights keeps flashing and the spedometer has been going crasy going up and down and just going crazy a little red dot light was flashing and when the car was turned off it would not start up again for a while no error codes showed but every min or show all the lights would flash on and off im lost on this one any help.... i did not recalibrate the cpu for the new tire size could that have something inm just lost and my wife is driving me crazy this is her car soo im just telling you guys what she told me i havent got to drive it yet as to i am sick in bed now any help would be great thanks jason

·
Banned
399 Posts
Just by changing the tire size is not going to cause all the dash lights to start freaking out as you describe. You have another issue going on there all together, what that may be it is very hard to tell without it giving any codes. You may have to take it in and have a diagnostic check ran on it.

·
Chief's Pride!!!
2,497 Posts
x2

·
What! Me Worry?
1,547 Posts
Could be your battery going. Check the terminal connections, they may be loose.
Also, check the fuse panel in the driver's footwell. I had water in mine once, and it caused my dash lights to go crazy, my alarm was going off, lights were flashing and it wouldn't start.

·
FSTDANGO 3
512 Posts
Definetely not the tires
Agreed check battery connections or otherwise may be a problem with your CTM

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
We just had the same problem with are D..It ended up being the ABS Module sorted out...It also made the a/c so the fan wouldn't shut off when you turned the key off, so if you forgot to turn the a/c off before we got out the battery would be dead next time we drove it..Also almost every light on the dash was on like a Christmas tree...

·
Banned
399 Posts
We just had the same problem with are D..It ended up being the ABS Module sorted out...It also made the a/c so the fan wouldn't shut off when you turned the key off, so if you forgot to turn the a/c off before we got out the battery would be dead next time we drove it..Also almost every light on the dash was on like a Christmas tree...
Makes you wonder if all of these computer modules were made right here in the US if they would fail as often.. Seems to be a low standard and lack of workmanship as well as pride in cheap foreign labor. I guess that is for another thread all together. :gr_patrio

·
Registered
329 Posts
Definitely something going on, but could that "crazy little red light" be the security light? Generally, insofar as my own 2005 Durango goes, this light will flash rapidly for approximately 15 seconds when the vehicle theft alarm is arming. The light will flash at a slower speed continuously after the alarm is set.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah thats the securtiy light but but now it has stoped i tried to place an ob2 code reader up to it and nothing would register it would not even connect to it but i did notice that she had a bunch of mud and dirt build up on the wheels so maybe im thinking mud in the sensors fubar'n it but as for now no lights or bells ???

·
Registered
13,484 Posts
I also would have guessed the security system since the little red light did flash and she didn't start.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Your standard OBII reader won't link. You need one specifically for CAN BUS vehicles. :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.