DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
bjpram
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wifes 04 SXT has developed a thumping sound that increases with speed. It sounds like its coming from the left front. I have rotated the tires checked pressure and changed the breaks(they needed to be done anyway)and seams to improve after being jacked up but eventualy comes back. When I drive it, I feel a wobble in the seat mostly between 25 and 30 MPH. I hate taking a car to the dealer with out some clue what could be wrong, thats how they soak you. Does anyone have any thoughts for me to check.

·
Registered
56 Posts
if your refering to a sound that increases in pith and speed as you go faster, it may be the hub bearing. a very easy fix for about 100 bucks and do it yourself if your mechanically inclined. they wanted to charge me 300 for the part and a half hrs work.

·
bjpram
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How do I verify that the bearing is bad?

·
Registered
56 Posts
well, I thought it was still under warrenty, so I took it back to the dealer and had them check it out and they removd the wheels and rotated it by hand and apparently found it, but after they told me it wasn't warranty work and about 350.00 for them to do I had them replace the wheels and paid 40.00 for the exam. so I would say feel for it or maybe call the dealer and ask them to find the problem for you and see if you can fix it yourself. its really quite simple to do. less then an hour if your drinking tea at the same time. there is a thread here on how to do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.