DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Just Baught A Djm 4/6 Drop Kit A Couple Of Weeks Ago, It Has Upper And Lower Control Arms, Shocks, Flip Kit, And Springs And All The Bushings. But I Dont Want To Do A Full 4/6 Right Now Due To The Fact That I Still Have My Factory 16's And I Think It Would Look Really Stupid, I Am Told That Just Using The Control Arms In The Front Would Only Drop The Front 2 Inches, But I Am Trying To Figure Out How To Drop The Back Only 4 And Wether Or Not I Can Still Use The Shocks That Came With The Kit Since I Am Not Using It To Its Full Potential (yet)

Any Help Would Be Appreciated

·
Registered
197 Posts
4" drop

ilovegrits tooo.lol. The way to drop your a$$ 4" would be to install 2"shackles and 2"hangers, if you do that i'd still install the c-notch(if the kit came w/one),that way you dont have to do it later and it wont hurt anything.
But noe you have go out and buy these parts on top of what you already spent, not to mention you have to take them off and install stock parts before flippin! I dont know who told you it wouldn't look good w/stock wheels, it will look fine until you put new ones on, and you'll save alot of bullsh*t work and time. Just go with the kit! I did a 3/4 drop on my 97 and ran the stock 16s for a while, it looked alright. Good luck, I'm just trying to save your time and effort.
Oh yeah you can still use the shocks from the kit if you only drop it 4".

·
GROUNDED
2,944 Posts
just install the whole kit at once, its gonna be more of a pain in the ass to do all the same work all over again to go 2" lower. Before i bagged mine i drove around with my 275/60/17 stock sst wheels, its no big deal, they fit fine and look fine. Just install the whole kit, dont be a pussy and roll it. you will either take my advice and install the whole kit , or spend 100 more on shackles and hangers and then have to pull it all out allover again just to reinstall the stock hanger and shackle and then install the rest of the drop and at that point you will be saying wow i should have listened to that guy from dt he really knows his shit.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cant Use The Flip Kit Anyway, My Truck Came "flipped" From The Factory, Any Idea Where I Could Get The Hangers And Shackles Cheap?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Besides The Wheels I Am Also Worried About Ground Clearence, Will The 4/6 Put Me On The Ground? I Am Currently Running 275/70/16 Directionals That I Know Raise The Truck A Little So That Will Help A Little, I Live Out In The Country And I Have To Deal With Crappy Roads And Speed Bumps Everyday, Thats Why I Am A Little Nervous About Going All The Way

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks For The Pics, Gives Me An Idea Of What I Am Going To Look Like, I Think That Height Looks Great For My Daily Use, Bad Ass Truck, Where Did You Get That Bumper Cover?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks For The Link, I Plan On Working On The Body After I Get This Suspention Taken Care Of, This All Started With Bad Ball Joints And Now Ive Got The Custom Bug, Another Question If You Dont Mind, Does Thepainton He Plastic Parts Hold Up Well, Ive Always Wanted My Taillights And Mirror Color Matched But Worried About Chipping And Fading Due To The Plastic Base

·
Originating Member
35,160 Posts
I'm pretty sure that (techincally) those bumper covers are fiberglass - I didn't have any trouble with the paint sticking, but with that particular cover, and a 2/4 drop, I did notice a few paint / rock chips

·
GROUNDED
2,944 Posts
1.) i guarntee your truck didnt come flipped from the factory, they would have had to install new leafspring pads on your axles which they wouldn't do. you axle position factory is under your leafsprings, that is essentially what gives you the 6" rear drop and if it were this way you would always need drop shocks and a notch to clear the axle so i think you need to go outside and climb under your truck.

2.) I live in MA and my truck saw many rough dirt roads and it wasnt even close to touching anything when i was rolling around on my 275/60/17 and when i put on my 255/35/20 that were 3" shorter overall my truck still didnt bottom out, it only bottomed out when i bagged it and dropped it about 7" more in the front and 10" in the rear. as long as you install the tranny x member which comes with the kit your golden. if your worried about ground clearence fly up to Ma and ill show you what its like to drive around with less then 1" clearence between the frame and the ground and you will be suprised how rarely it bottoms out, the 4/6 gives you like 8" of clearence which is tons considering most cars have less then that.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks For The Info, Im Kinda New To Suspension Mods And I Have Been Relying Heavily On Other Peoples Input, Feel Alot More Comfortable Doing This Now

·
Registered
359 Posts
i noticed that your kit didnt come with the tranny x-member.or mabye you just didnt write it..lol.but if/wen you do the 4-6.your gion to need it.befor i bagged my 98.i had a 4-6 with the stock 16s on it..looked ok for alil while and i had lower arms and springs with the flip kit in the rear..just make sure that wen you do this install,you cut out the factory bump stops in the front..the guys didnt do that to mine and rode like shit..cut them offf.rode better cuz it gave the suspension room to travel.....yo ugot any more questions,just let us know.thats wat we are here for dude.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Kit Did Come With The Crossmember, I Had Forgoten About It Till You Said Something, I Think I Am Only Going To Do The 2/4 For Now, If Anyone Knows Where To Find Some Cheap 2" Hangers And Shackles Let Me Know

Thanks For All Of Yalls Help!

·
Registered
197 Posts
your crazy dude, lot more work later! If your looking for cheap shackles and hangers chassis tech has the set for less than 100$, I think not positive.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.