DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have an 07 Ram QC with the thunder road package. im not sure if that means anything but when i purchased my truck, it had double pane windows in the front. not in the rear. well in between the windows, there is a glue type material that holds them together. well some of it is missing. like in a half moon shape. when i first bought the truck back in december of 06, i noticed it a few days after i brought it home. i let the dealer know about it and the told me it would take a little time to replace it. i felt it wasnt that bad and since i was soo excited about my new truck, i really didnt want to have to send it right to the shop. i just sucked it up and lived with it. well its gotten worse as time has gone on, and now there are isolated bubbles about 2 inches from the edge that are not even connected to the edge. im wondering how the bubbles got there. anyways i took it to the dealer and i have 37,000 on my odo. so the dealer basically told me sorry about my luck and sent me on my way. does anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that would be GREAT if someone would chime in....j/k. the guy at the dealer said he has never seen a double pane window in the rams or anything else for that matter. but he was quick to say no go when he found out i was 1000 miles out of my warranty.

·
OFFICIAL CHEBBY HATER
1,389 Posts
was it documented that you had it inspected at the dealership? If you did you may be able to force them to acknowledge their part!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no unfortunatly i didnt. they kinda talked me out of it and i didnt really force the issue since i wasnt happy about having to submit my new toy to get rerpaired soo soon. i just notice the bubble in the window, and a little more of the edge is separating. could it be considered a safety issue u think? the glass may no longer hold up to an impact or something if it separates too much? im just swinging for the fence.

·
V10
628 Posts
You have any pictures, i've never seen anything like that....

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ill try and get some pictures of it. i just washed it and detailed it tonight so maybe when the wife goes to bed ill go spend some more time with it. right now she doesnt want me looking at it any more since i spent 3 hours with it when she got home.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.