DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need some help...had a shop change out my torsion keys and i went underneath to inspect the work and i noticed that the torsion bolt hangs significantly lower than when i had the original keys in...anyone else notice this when you changed the keys out?

·
voo doo 1 I am buggin out
6,355 Posts
that is normal since the new keys have a diffrent offset ...... mine are the same alot more bolt hanging down ....... and I didnt have a shop do mine ;)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i went to get my truck aligned and they ended up cranking up the tb's some more and i think i got around 3-4 inches overall, but the cv angles are horrible so i'm gonna go down about an inch...you can check them out in my other thread

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
whoa there buddy. 3-4 inches....you might just wanna reach up in your wheelwell and take out your CV shaft. if your truck was aligned this way...it needs to stay this way. if you lower it an inch..you need to re allign it. you arent supposed to crank the torsion keys i dont believe. they are offset to get you the lift where as the stock keys you can crank. cranking the new offset keys may lead to issues. please take a picture of your cv angles before they fall out. i wanna check those babies out

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
byrdawg13 said:
whoa there buddy. 3-4 inches....you might just wanna reach up in your wheelwell and take out your CV shaft. if your truck was aligned this way...it needs to stay this way. if you lower it an inch..you need to re allign it. you arent supposed to crank the torsion keys i dont believe. they are offset to get you the lift where as the stock keys you can crank. cranking the new offset keys may lead to issues. please take a picture of your cv angles before they fall out. i wanna check those babies out
http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126906
this should be the thread with my cv angles...i just posted it yesterday...yeah definately gonna take it back to lower and realign it...did not know you can't crank new torsion keys...appreciate the help.

·
6,355 Posts
05blackbeauty said:
http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126906
this should be the thread with my cv angles...i just posted it yesterday...yeah definately gonna take it back to lower and realign it...did not know you can't crank new torsion keys...appreciate the help.
you can crank the new torsion keys you cant go hog wild with them thats all .. the bolts will be lower them stock .. meaning more threads showing.

·
Registered
113 Posts
did you get the right ride height (leveled out the truck) with the truck before you cranked the new keys?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
CntrSnr2001 said:
did you get the right ride height (leveled out the truck) with the truck before you cranked the new keys?
since i added a leaf in the back i was still going to have some rake...the back went up 2 inches and the front went up about 3 inches...last i measured the rear was 42 inches from ground to lower fender lip and 41 in front...gonna drop the front and inch or two.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i wasn't looking to level the truck...just wanted to make the whole truck a little taller.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
juiced351 said:
where can i buy the keys at?
i got mine off ebay...i got the keys and add a leaf for about $180...i can't remember the store but i think i saw they were selling just the keys for about $80

·
6,355 Posts
you need to measure from the center rim to the lower fender lip since tire sizes are gonna be diffrent you will never get an accurate height measuring ground to lower lip ....... the lower control arm is attached to the truck and is what moves down to give you the height when you crank the torsion bar bolts ;)

did they give you new U-Bolts for when they did the add a leaf ? ... I know the stock U-Bolts dont leave enough thread's which can be very dangerous if one of the nuts comes off even though they are torqued and used loctite on the threads.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the company i bought them from told me i can use the factory u bolts...i have about a half inch of thread left...anyone know where i can get longer ubolts?

·
6,355 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.