DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some ideas. let me start by saying I parked my truck friday afternoon and didn't drive it all weekend (have family car)Then on sunday night I looked outside and my blinker was on so I went out and both my blinker (not hazards) and radio were flashing (like the ignition was on) which I assume is a bad ignition switch? my battery was almost dead but I decided to deal with it in the am. after charging the battery the truck will not start, it will crank over and every now and then sound like it wants to but nothing. I can hear the fuel pump but it almost seems like I am not getting enough fuel what could the problem be? a relay? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
579 Posts
i know some of this dosnt add up but is there a slight chance u have an alarm? i know its wouldnt crank your symtoms are jus kinda wierd.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no no chance of an alarm. I am about 90% sure the original problem is a bad ignition switch because basically everything was acting like the ignition was in the on or acc position. What I have no idea about is why it wont start now. up untill this problem the truck runs beautiful.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well I still have what I think is the ignition problem but I did get the truck started by disconnecting the tps starting it and then plugging the tps back in

·
work in progress
1,709 Posts
it sounds like you may have a short or broken wires in the steering column

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.