DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2011 2500 white! Could u guys help me out pls?
I do exterior work everyday on new sites. Every time I leave I hear chunks of mud/rock hitting the bottom very hard! I got lots of chips already were one would have a step bar. I plan on getting some but really need some flaps!
I don't like the look of them but have no choice! I looked around today and there is so many on the market, it would be great if I could get some input on what I should get that will not look hideous.
Maybe some pics from guys that have? And what fits best.

I know it's not an interesting topic so I really appreciate your time , thank u!

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
autozone sells some very nice molded rubber mudflaps for $30 a pair... had them on my 2nd gen, and they did their job. you gotta make sure you put some silicone in between the flaps and the paint, or they will wear the paint off.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome , I will look right now and when u say silicone? Just regular stuff? Thanks good tip!

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
yup regular black stuff in a tube. that way the flaps dont rub on the paint...

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Love the heavy duty rubber ones. I had molded ones and cracked 2 of them when it was 0 deg out on a trail. When I took them off, I had paint rubbed cuz I forgot to put something between them and the paint.

I'm very happy with these...

Attachments

·
Registered
981 Posts
You can also use clear tape to prevent paint chafing. If you buy the molded guards from Husky, they come with it.

Do you have flares on the truck? Makes a difference for what is available.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I got the weather tech ones. Fit like a glove, don't rub the paint since they curve in were the mopar ones rub. Only complain is they don't hang down very low on my truck so i still get few rock chips but than again i got 35s. If i had stock tires they would be perfect

·
bobst
832 Posts
i like these.work well.i have them on front and back.they are fairly heavy rubber with stainless inserts with ram head.you can get them without stainless or without the head.

Attachments

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have the husky ones and they do a great job. Since I have a Laramie with the wheel flares there was very little available. No regrets on getting them. They look great and perform well and as mentioned before they come with the clear tape so they do rub on the paint. If you have no wheel flares you can still get the husky ones or go with the mopar ones.

·
Banned
2,948 Posts
Something i will look into when i goto level my truck and get A/T or M/T tires in the future...

Dont want my '12 ending up like my 04... Pelted an rusted :(

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,640 Posts
I've got to get a good set for my Power Wagon too- the black part of the rockers already has a chip or two. I'll be doing this along with having the rockers coated with Line-X. Kind of a two for one deal.

·
Registered
981 Posts
i like these.work well.i have them on front and back.they are fairly heavy rubber with stainless inserts with ram head.you can get them without stainless or without the head.
Nice! What brand are they?

·
Yea boooyeee!
1,996 Posts
Make sure you put something between the flaps and the body as mentioned above. The previous owner of my '00 Ram didn't. The wheel wells rusted out from crap getting in there and rubbing through the paint.

Also, spend the extra $.25 and get stainless screws too! I'm | | this close to getting a set for my Truck (to replace the factory little plastic things). I'm still really tempted to get the rockers bedlined in an accent color (Black, maybe silver or bright blue..?)

·
Registered
45 Posts
I went with the Mopar molded ones. I'm neither pleased nor disappointed in them. They were easy to put on, fit great, but I'm still not sold on the look, but that is just me.

I did put the clear tape down first though, just in case I decide to take them off later and want to avoid any paint rubbing issues.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow guys thanks a lot I knew this place would help me. Awesome going to order a set today. U helped bounch.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.