DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I bought my truck with the lift already installed and by the looks of it, it has been on there for a while. I was wondering if you guys could help me identify the brand of the lift, I was told it is a 4". I crawled under there and looked around for a while but never saw a manufacturer on it. These are the only pics i have, i will get more once i get back from vacation.

·
D'OH!!
190 Posts
That looks like its a 3 inch Pro-Comp lift on there. The previous owner painted the control arms and the coil springs to match the truck.

·
Registered
199 Posts
For a 4" lift, doesn't the lower control arm get replaced? And in some kits maybe both upper and lower? The pitman arm should be replaced also. And, I'm not an expert, does a 4" lift use spring spacers?
What was done to the rear suspention Peter?
Is there a body lift on this truck also?
Looking at pic #1, the wheel looks like an 8 lug wheel. Is your truck a 2500? If it is, I would have to say the lift is only a 2-3" lift.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope its a 5 lug, i wish it was an 8 lug. Its a 1500 and i dont think there is a body lift on it, although in that second pic it does look like it. On the rear it just looks like it has new springs, there are no blocks that i remember. Thanks for your guys' help.

·
Built Not Bought
1,870 Posts
Its a 3" spacer
Its a pro comp or Rancho spacer. 3" still uses stock arm lenght and steering

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so what you're saying is that i have a stock front suspension with 3" spacers on the coils? Do you think he would have longer shocks installed? Also what about the rear, maybe just took springs from an off road?

·
BoJivin'
1,645 Posts
hey, nice truck, I tryed to get my dad to buy a truck just like that one over thanksgiving, it even had the same tires. But I would say it's the Rancho 3" spor tlift kit, probably add-a-leaf. but the block looks just like my 2" LSD level kit block.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks KTS, I bought it in Wichita, KS. What do you guys think about running 35's on this lift?

·
Registered
280 Posts
with those wheels, I bet you will rub on the rear of the fenderwell with 35's,on sharp turns. not positive on this though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am getting new wheels to go with my 35's. 16x8 rock crawlers with 4.25"(i think?) backspacing. I am pretty sure they will fit fine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok i went out and measured the rear block and it was 3". This means that i have to have a four inch lift up front but i cant tell what it is. It looks like the stock control arms though.

·
Built Not Bought
1,870 Posts
Just so you know the 3" block in the rear is standard from the factory on 1500 4wd. 2500's are 4.5" tall.
You have a 3" lift up front, not a 4"

·
Registered
81 Posts
you can fit 35s with that lift and rockcrawlers. i have a 2" coil spacer and i fit 35s on rockcrawlers.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok, thanks for the help guys. v10, i did not know that about the block in the rear. What do the offroad packages include that lift it up higher?

·
Built Not Bought
1,870 Posts
I believe they have an extra leaf in the rear

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.