DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to get a series of LEDs for my truck. Underbody, Interior, Under door handles. Plus I already have a 350 watt (RMS) amp with a 410 watt (RMS) subwoofer. I'm wondering if I'll need a capacitor or possibly an extra battery? Any other help associated with LEDs would be appreciated, such as, mounting, wiring, hooking up to stereo (colormorphics style).

·
Registered
126 Posts
Led's usually draw so little you won't even notice the extra draw, you might be cutting it close with everything going, radio, lights, ac blower, using the windows as you adjust your seat etc.... but the LED's won't be what push you over the edge...

Most of the companies producing the kits for sound activation have a seperate "sound processor" with built in microphone that won't require a direct hook up to the stereo

amps = watts/volts on an 06 4.7 the alternator is a 136 amp unit and runs on a 12 volt system... so the max watts the alterantor can power is just over 1600, but this has to provide power to your amp, your subwoofer, your ignition, your head lights, running lights, power windows, etc.... not to mention keep your battery charged

·
Registered
126 Posts
looking it up online real quick shows a 136 amp bosch alternator as a replacement so probably the same for OEM

·
Registered
126 Posts
from StreetGlow Faq

How many lights can I hook up to one switch? How many amps is each light?
The switches are usually 5, 10, or 15 amps. The 20" accent tubes are about half an amp and of course the 15" and 10" accent tubes are a bit less. The sg201 (Gold Series) is 4 amp and the BlueLine tubes are about .750 of an amp (3/4). The sg201 (Gold Series) transformer is 4 amps. It all depends on what your linking up. As with StreetGlow products, they are pretty much interchangeable as far as linking methods go. Please contact us if you need anymore help and we'll be glad to answer your specific questions.

googled some and came across this one... (I am in no way reccomending it, but it did have amps listed)

http://www.slickcar.com/productdetails.asp?ProductID=342

that states it is a low power at 2.5 amps versus high power of 6 amps...
so that will give you an idea of the range for neon

·
Registered
126 Posts
Your very welcome, try going to the streetglow web site, they have a great faq and lots of install help.. but make sure you post your install how to and pics here

·
Registered
607 Posts
Puma said:
What would the alternator amp rate on an '00 5.9 be?
117A unless you got the HD service group (includes trans cooler and transfercase skidplate). Then it's 136A

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.