DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
moparman505
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Hey Redneck, I am going out there from my experience and going to say you will be in the 350 to 360 horse area. A 27lb injector is good for you if your compression is above 9.5. Below 9.5 you will need 30's. The maximum hp you will achieve with 24's would be 326hp at 85% duty cycle. The 27's will support 371hp at 80% duty cycle.
Now the interesting thing is that these figures are from two different sites. Accel uses compression ratio and estimated hp to say you need a 30lb. Another site uses estimated hp,max rpm,idle speed, vacuum, and it says you only need 27.3lbs. I ended up using site that based my needs on more than just compression ratio. The one that recommends you use 27.3lbs injectors.

·
moparman505
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
The web is marvellous. I discovered a horsepower calculater and threw my 408 specs into the calculater and the calculater says 390 horsepower. This is close when you consider my run against a 2010 ..380 horse Hemi Ram. I have the option of adding a stronger cam down the road and moving the power curve up into the 5500 rpm area which would put the engine into the 400 horse range. It is fun now as I can break the tires loose, truck in drive,when flooring it at 25mph. The engine was not built to be a race motor but a torquer, and it certainly is that. Well worth all the little headaches we had along the way. Happy New Year all you Rammers!

41 - 43 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.