DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am in need of help with the mounting locations of the Ambient Air Temp Sensor for overhead display, the under hood lamp, and associated wires. Been searching online for a week now and came up empty handed. The Forum is my last hope. Some photos of someones existing wire locations and lamp/sensor mounting location would be a great Help. Thank you in advance.

EDIT: My Truck is a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT with a 5.9L Engine. The wires in question rise from the driverside of the engine compartment at the hood hinge.

·
Red Trucker
2,577 Posts
I hate the routing on the 02's. Much better locations on the 03+'s. I know the temp sensor stays on the driver's side of the hood and I'm pretty sure the lamp is in the same location on the passenger side. I can't access my FSM at work but I can look when I get home (or you can download one, they're pretty easy to find).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will check that out.

I will look to see if I can find the info, I glanced through but didnt notice anything that showed how or where they were mounted. Any help will be greatly appreciated if you locate something. Thank you.

·
Got 2 Hemis
5,042 Posts
The temp sensor is on the driver's side head light inboard bottom bolt. I think like the under-hood lamp connects to a red connector near the driver's side hinge.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the response MikeHTally, I have seen the pictures with the Ambient Air Temp on the horn mount and also near the driverside head light, but on my truck it is NOT located in either of those two spots, it is mounted somewhere on the hood. I know this because the wire for the Ambient Air temp is in the same wire harness as the Hood Lamp and wouldnt be long enough to route back to the head light. I have located a diagram in my FSM backing my theory, but I can not tell exactly how they are ran or mounted. It looks like I may be missing a bracket that connects to the hood near the latch, and the sensor then mounts to that bracket. Again, some photos of an existing setup would be of great help so I can be sure to get it right.

·
Red Trucker
2,577 Posts
If you look where the wires split next to the strut, the one that goes off to the passenger side is for the lamp, the one that kinda goes up and stops, that's where the ambient air temp sensor mounts. They got a little smarter in 03 and relocated it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@HemiLonestar, Thank you so much for the reply and photo, it has got me on the right direction for running the wires now THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! After seeing your photo I located a little plastic clip int the hinge where I assume the wires are connected to which helps take up some of the slack to the light. Any chance you could upload a shot of where the ambient air temp and light are mounted? I am thinking I am missing a part for the ambient Air temp sensor, perhaps a bracket of some kind?

·
Red Trucker
2,577 Posts
Sorry, I had to dig for that pic, it's not my truck. I've seen the routing in junkyard trucks. You might be missing the tab on the sensor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, Well thank you all for the help. I may have to take a trip to a salvage yard to see how its all mounted, and purchase any parts needed. Last night I decided to mount them wherever I could as a temporary fix until I know more. Thanks again!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.