DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very interested in getting a hood scoop. One or two, dont know. Never done this before, andone knowing of cheap deals, let me know. Not looking for a functional hood, just for looks. Any and all suggestions welcome.

·
Registered
54 Posts
head over to stylinconcepts... they have a pretty good selection of adhesive hood scoops. I also don't mind their service... I have ordered tail lights and exhaust tips from them and they have been pretty good about customer support... I have however, also read of other people having a hard time with them so who knows

·
Registered
192 Posts
JC Whitney .com has some for about 60 bucks or so.

·
My coinholder adds 15 HP!
1,441 Posts

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
If you are gonna get a scoop, then I strongly suggest you get the one linked above. IMO it is the only one worth getting at all. Plus its a factory part and looks nice for a scoop.

KB

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Paint and flip pait roller pan upside down. Non functional, cheap and looks just as good.

·
1,441 Posts
Bubba_Hemi said:
Paint and flip pait roller pan upside down. Non functional, cheap and looks just as good.
Are you trying to say my scoop looks like crap???

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts

·
1,441 Posts
to each his own!!!

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, let me reword it then. Anyone know any good deals on a new SRT-10 hood?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm not a fan of "stick on" scoops, but this Rumble Bee style scoop looks way better than most! :cool:

·
Smokin' Hemi
234 Posts
A Stuck On Hood Scoop Looks Like . . . Well A Cheap Stuck On Hood Scoop . . Get The Real Thing . . . . . I Just Installed An SRT-10 Hood $600 from dealer, New Grill Shell $70 ebay, Paint & Install $500 . .

Attachments

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
get a hood , dont have to be a srt a hood looks better

Attachments

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
lucky8926 said:
Are you trying to say my scoop looks like crap???

We've been through this. Your scoop is bolt-on not stick-on. ;)

TheGearman said:
A Stuck On Hood Scoop Looks Like . . . Well A Cheap Stuck On Hood Scoop . . Get The Real Thing . . . . . I Just Installed An SRT-10 Hood $600 from dealer, New Grill Shell $70 ebay, Paint & Install $500 . .

You paid too much for a hood that's too common. Stand away from the herd. :D

Attachments

·
Smokin' Hemi
234 Posts
BlackWolf,
Would have loved nothing more than to get a fiberglass hood - but every body shop owner I talked to agreed that since my truck is outdoors 24/7 and with our weather extremes that it would not hold up. One shop owner told me a client went into a Jiffy Lube and when they put the hood down it cracked because it was like 20 out side & warmer in the shop of course. If I was in a more stable climate I would have gone that route. Rather be safe than sorry. It's a lot cheaper to buy one hood than two.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
TheGearman said:
BlackWolf,
Would have loved nothing more than to get a fiberglass hood - but every body shop owner I talked to agreed that since my truck is outdoors 24/7 and with our weather extremes that it would not hold up. One shop owner told me a client went into a Jiffy Lube and when they put the hood down it cracked because it was like 20 out side & warmer in the shop of course. If I was in a more stable climate I would have gone that route. Rather be safe than sorry. It's a lot cheaper to buy one hood than two.
I was only playing. I am lucky that the climate never even reaches freezing down here. I've had a fiberglass hood on my TA for like 8 years with no issue. Still mint. I feel for you, I was born in NH and lived in New England much of my life. You can have the cold, freezing sheets, black ice, shoveling snow, chopping firewood, snow boots, mittens, and can't have a fiberglass hood. Sounds like hell. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
Hey Black wolf..... You have two SWEET rides! Its a PLUS to see your a PONTIAC/corporate man as well. Those LS1's can be made QUICK and from the looks I would guess yours isnt slow. Where did you get the hood on your Dodge? Im looking into hoods and Im leaning towards the 6-Pack scoop.... Im going to try and find a picture... But if anyone has one Please post it.... Im talking about the FULL scoop that sticks 2-3 into the air just like the real Charger scoop.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
AIR_RAM said:
Hey Black wolf..... You have two SWEET rides!

Thanks man. I got my trucks hood from a local shop where my lil brother worked. They are sponsers of DT. Here's the LINK. I'm totaly happy with my hood. Course I got mine for $730 painted and installed. :D

Attachments

·
Shark Hunter
6,398 Posts
Blackwolf, cool truck, hood looks real sinister and I must admit I would be tempted to pop a couple of LED's in each snout. Give it that real John Carpenter/Steven King look.
Two things though, were does it dump the incoming air and what's up with your passenger door mirror?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.