DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i'm having a problem with my radiator overheating. it overheated and spewed fluid all over my engine. I added more coolant and runs fine... but it's got 150,000 miles on it and I need to flush the radiator. I bought a flush and fill kit from prestone, but can't figure out which is the heater inlet hose. I see 2 hoses on top, a small one and a really big one, then there are 2 hoses underneath the radiator. Anyone know which one is the inlet hose that i need to cut to install the tee?? any help would be great.

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
Welcome to DT!

What year and which engine are we talking about?

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
I’ve not missed with the V6 but I believe the hoses are the same as the 4.7L. I believe the larger hose is for the expansions / over-flow tank. Of the two smaller hoses, I believe the upper hose is the hot feed for the heater core. But since I’ve not worked on the 3.7L, I’d like someone else to chime in on this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pics

alright, i uploaded some pics to maybe better help. this first pic is of the fill jug. the second is directly to the right, where one small hose comes out of the fill jug and goes to the top of the radiator, along with a huge hose, that I "think" is attached to the radiator, I really can't see. The third is from underneath the truck, and the 2 hoses that come out of the radiator. The fourth is from above, again of the 2 hoses ( the coiled ones )from the bottom. I can see that one goes into a metal block ( sorry, I'm really new ) and one continues to go under the truck. thanks again for any help

Attachments

·
Registered
563 Posts
If you still haven't got it... it's the hose directly below
where your oil fill tube bolts to the engine.

It's got a mesh sleeve over it.

Don't know if this will help or not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.