DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a bezel from slammed, and i read a couple posts about installing it but still confused. First of all it doesnt seem easy to take out the original black one, seems like it will scratch up the inside of the dash part. Also somebody told me that you actually have to take out part of the dash that surrounds it as well......tell me theres an easier way, im almost wishing it was the 3m tape stuff now.

·
Praise the Lowered
277 Posts
payton34 said:
got a bezel from slammed, and i read a couple posts about installing it but still confused. First of all it doesnt seem easy to take out the original black one, seems like it will scratch up the inside of the dash part. Also somebody told me that you actually have to take out part of the dash that surrounds it as well......tell me theres an easier way, im almost wishing it was the 3m tape stuff now.
Seriously, if you did ANY of the mods in your sig then you can do this no prob. There is only one screw to remove to access the back of the piece you need out. The rest are just clips.
I'll look for the step by step and post back.
"C"

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Remove screw directly above the clip by passengers left knee (if one were sitting in passenger seat). Then, while it may not seem right, just start pulling on it and it'll snap off. Disconnect the 3 connectors and discard old surround. Then reverse procedure and you're set.

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
It's not as bad as you might think. After you get the surround out of the truck, just flip it over and take a 3/8 drill bit and slowly drill out the tabs that are melted on holding the original bezel on. After that just put the new one on and hot glue it in place. It seems intimidating but it wasn't that bad. Good Luck!
:rck: :gr_patrio :rck:

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
yeah, hardest part was not scratching the front while drilling it out because we didn't have anything soft to sit it on

I did it so it can be done!~

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Ah hell... you did it Adam? Damn, anyone CAN do it then!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hey Brian do you have a pic of one of the benzel. I would be interested. Sorry don't mean to hijack. I was thinking of a little body filler to smooth it out and painting it but if there is a replacement... Why take that much time.

Peter

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the help guys, doing it right now...

·
Registered
221 Posts
redramhawgfan said:
It's not as bad as you might think. After you get the surround out of the truck, just flip it over and take a 3/8 drill bit and slowly drill out the tabs that are melted on holding the original bezel on. After that just put the new one on and hot glue it in place. It seems intimidating but it wasn't that bad. Good Luck!
:rck: :gr_patrio :rck:
The drill works perfect in removing it. The key is melting the tabs on the new bezel. I simply used a BBQ trigger lighter ( those long ones ) and melted the tabs. You can use the glue, but if you were ever to re replace it, not sure how you would get the glue loose?

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
Glad you got it done! Hope you enjoy it.
:rck: :rck: :rck:

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
DRAGNZ24 said:
Hey Brian do you have a pic of one of the benzel. I would be interested. Sorry don't mean to hijack. I was thinking of a little body filler to smooth it out and painting it but if there is a replacement... Why take that much time.

Peter
well ...sorry to say but the thiefs in Dallas got all the Bezels and surrounds I had left!!!!

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
Brain, I sure am sorry to hear about your rig. Hopefully the cops catch the [email protected] that got it. Hope your insurance treats you well too. I'll be sure to bring ya some beer when I come up there for my drop.

·
RAW RAM 1500
261 Posts
redramhawgfan said:
Brain, I sure am sorry to hear about your rig. Hopefully the cops catch the [email protected] that got it. Hope your insurance treats you well too. I'll be sure to bring ya some beer when I come up there for my drop.

when did this happen?

·
RAW RAM 1500
261 Posts
so no more bezels or no more truck?

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
RAWRAM1500 said:
so no more bezels or no more truck?
Brian's truck was stolen. Inside it were the remainder of the bezels he had.

Maybe he'll get more of them eventually. Give him some time to get things back in order.

·
RAW RAM 1500
261 Posts
that sucks b, sorry to hear that

·
Registered
221 Posts
Slammed, sorry to hear 'bout the truck. Know how you feel as mine was stolen back in January. Hoepfully, you might get as lucky as I was. I had very minimal damage besides the leather interior being used as a screwdriver punching bag. It did end up in me getting brand new leather all around.

Here is the thread from my stolen and recovered ...
http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44096

Good luck dude and hope everything works out.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.