DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, I have a problem. I am installing a MTX Thunder Amplifer on the back wall of my quad cab to run my P3 subs, and I can't get the amplifer to stay on. I have it grounded to a seat bolt in the backseat, have my remote turn-on wire coming in, and have my power wire running from the battery to the back of the cab as well. When I turn my system on, the amplifer turns on briefly, then a red light appears. I have done the troubleshooting, but can't figure it out. Please help me Im going crazy trying to figure this out.

·
Registered
516 Posts
if a red light appears it sounds to me that its going into protect mode meaning somethin isnt right.. do u have the subs wired up at too low ohm? might want to pull the amp and test it outside the truck just to make sure it isnt vehicle or speaker related..

if it was me i'd pull it out, and hook it straight to the battery (both pwr and ground) with another wire comin from the battery to the remote to turn it on.. if it still goes into protect there is a problem with the amp.

·
Tricked out Ram
12,615 Posts
if a red light appears it sounds to me that its going into protect mode meaning somethin isnt right.. do u have the subs wired up at too low ohm? might want to pull the amp and test it outside the truck just to make sure it isnt vehicle or speaker related..

if it was me i'd pull it out, and hook it straight to the battery (both pwr and ground) with another wire comin from the battery to the remote to turn it on.. if it still goes into protect there is a problem with the amp.
Very good Qs and ifo here. Its what I was thinking and would have asked. He brings a good point about taking the amp to the battery itself and using temp wires to take the Power and Remote from the amp to the (+) on the battery and Ground from the amp to the (-) of the battery. My only other Q was where did you get this amp from?

·
Tricked out Ram
12,615 Posts
Some pics of my amp rack I made for behind my seats instead of screwing everything to the back wall (that way I dont have as many puncture points)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.