DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want a roof rack for my 99 dodge ram quad cab, i have been told that the mounting system i need is bolted through my roof which is no problem but what system is the best? Is it a DIY? please give me some feedback if you have one yourself do you like it or would you have gone with a different brand? didi you do it yourself? How hard was it? :help:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
uhh i dont even know where to look nothing comes up in the search for google.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
roof rack basket type

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no like a wilderness roof rack [/IMG]

·
Originating Member
35,160 Posts
here's some more brand names to investigate

I dont know if they have Ram truck specific or not, but you can find out

PerryCraft

Thule

Surco

Mont Blanc

Yakima

Pace Edwards

Gross Tread

Kargo Master

TracRac

Vanguard

good luck

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks ram man

·
Registered
236 Posts
Just a thought here but have you looked up Safari Racks??

·
Registered
236 Posts

·
retrogrouch
357 Posts
Thule I worked in bicycle shops for years and they have the best racks and systems. If you want to use a channel type set up they have channels available you will only need to drill from the top. If you do not want to drill you can get an aero roof rack if the book recommends a SRS attachment ignore it it is not necessary.

Over the years i have made several custom roof racks for my cars/ trucks with Thule parts I even had a set up on my 86.5 supra for race support with 4 bikes on the roof and 8 wheels on the hatch. A few years ago i used most of my spare parts to make a rack for my 98 short bed sport truck for personal transportation and race support. i used the channels and tower feet to make a fully adjustable set up for four rails.

The reason i recommend Thule is there attachments stay in place. next time you are in a shop with the demo cube go to the Yakama one grab the rail and give it a twist it will move no matter how tight you adjust it. This looseness in the rails and attachments cause a lot of stressing the system and can damage a roof quite easily. i have seen lost of garage accidents (not removing bikes before entering garages) Thule's do no peel off easily.

If you want funky colors Rockymounts are an execllent attachment company.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.