DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing my system right now and I have an MTX thunderform enclosure and the only place for the amp is behind the back seat or maybe under the drivers seat... except its pretty long and dosent fit well under the seat... its a rockford fosgate P6002.... i will put some pics up in a sec... PLEASE HELP!!!

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, so i am going to need to cut the insulation off from behind the back seat... and mount it there... it look like very very little room but I guess if I mounted it to the metal on the rear of the cab that would work? and does anyone know where i should ground my amp? i am guessing I am going to need a connector to mount to my cable that will conduct from screwing it down... ahhhh, i think im going to need to make a trip to the audio store...

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
You just need to cut the insulation that is attached to the back wall not the seat....I would take your ground somplace on the floor of the truck, make sure you strip all the paint from the area you are ground to...

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
here are my pictures

Attachments

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
and some more

Attachments

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Is that a plastic box?

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i am replacing the mtx subs with the two fosgates sitting in my room as soon as i get this installed...

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah, it maximizes air space for better sound... and it was 200 bucks shipped... those mtx subs are weak for my taste...

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
is the plastic really that bad or something???

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
viper24 said:
No clue.....I guess you will find out. :D

·
Registered
557 Posts
viper24 said:
You'll find out soon enough if you like it or not...

I personally hated being able to hear the resonances inside the box.
Nothing beats the density wood provides...

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok, i have everything installed, i need to put the single seat in back back in. I installed the amp behind the seat, but im not sure if the seat will have enough clearance to be folded up... Ill get pictures up in a few hours before i put the seat in. I also replaced the mtx subs with my new rockford fosgate stage 2s... they have alot more power, but the mtx's were not that bad... monday my interior speakers come! then i will have a new project and problems to post...

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
about the plastic box... with all of the added airspace it gives you it sounds great, i have heard both wood and fiberglass in a ram QC and I would say it sounds better than both of them... i do have much stronger subs than the ones in the wood and fiberglass ones ive heard though. The fiberglass one had a different note to it that sounded louder from outside. i got my enclosure from supercrewsound, a sponsor of this site... I got it for $205 shipped, a very good deal.

·
Hemi Power
2,017 Posts
I don't know why people continue to put the sub box under the rear seat. The center console single 12" blows it away...

·
Registered
279 Posts
Black05Hemi said:
I don't know why people continue to put the sub box under the rear seat. The center console single 12" blows it away...
Ive been pretty satisfied with the center console sub myself. :rck:

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
maybe i will do that also... that would be intense... any pics of this center console 12? and links...

·
Registered
557 Posts
Viper, you must have listened to some subs you disliked in the wooden enclosures or perhaps prefabed ones that were not designed with the Thiele/small data of the subs installed.

I know I am more anal than most here & that plastic box maybe OK for most, but I can guarantee you that a properly built wooden box with the same drivers you are using will be considerably much more accurate than that box.

Not only is it plastic but what sub was it designed with? Just because your RF subs are better does not mean it will sound better...

Good Luck with your project...

I have 8" in my doors playing down to 40hz & a 12" in the center console playing 50hz and below...

Link ---> http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/224391?&page_id=224391&cat=25&val=1&page=1

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i just finished putting everything back in (seat). I have been driving around for 2 days with the subs. the low continuous bass in rap music sounds good but the bass drum in rock sounds the best. They punch really hard. My seat dosent fold all the way up because I have such a big amp. It sticks out about an inch more than the bench when folded. If I have this enclosure I can switch to a wooden one if i want to feel a difference. I wouldnt want to get a custom made one from a shop, I would rather do the supercrewsound custom wood one. anyone had any experience with those?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.