DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help!! Wheel Stuck On Hub

4K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  AmericanMuscle 
#1 ·
Like the title of the thread goes. I'm trying to get my lowering kit installed and my two front wheels wont even budge. Ive taken all the bolts off (obviously) and Ive tugged on em pretty good, what should I do?

#3 ·
ramcrazy said:
Give the tire a good swift kick at the bottom and it will break free...
Yea give that a try!!

#5 ·
Haha literally kick it....

#6 ·
AmericanMuscle said:
Haha literally kick it....
Yep!!! Just dont break your foot or toes!!!

#7 ·
If you got a sledge whack the tire with that but be careful of kickback of the sledge.

#10 ·
I had the same problem on my Grad Cherokee. I was trying to change a flat and could get the tire off!!! I hit the tire so hard I knocked the Jeep for the jack but the tire was still would not come off. I finely sprayed the back of the rim and let it soak for a few hours. Only then did the wheel come off the rotor. The service writer said it had been a big problem and they have been coating the back of the rims with a little anti-seize. It seems the rotor and rim metal types react over time with water and heat and they begin to fuse together.
:jmad: :jmad: :jmad: :jmad: :jmad:

#11 ·
my truck does it all the time, seems like the rims swell with the heat and all they need is a good kick and they break free. Its funny to watch the tire guys get frustrated and struggle with it...yet at the same time be gentle cuz Im watching them from the window.

#14 ·
Thanks alot you guys, honeslty when i heard swift kick my mind focused on me kicking it chuck norris style. But it did work and i got it off, the least of my problems now. But thanks again guys, ill put picks up in an old thread I started a while back that has some before pictures too. Once i get these damn front springs installed.

#15 · (Edited)
What kinda rims? Aluminum or alloys?

#16 ·
Chuck Norris would just have to glare at that tire and it would come off by itself.

KB

#18 ·
My rims i believe are alloys, but being a young guy i cant afford any damage too them whether they can take the abuse or not. now the rear tires on the other hand...:D

#19 ·
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.