DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck cranks and cranks, but no dice. I am not sure if my fuel pump is kicking on. I can't hear it, but I'm unsure if I've ever heard it? I pulled the air intake off so I can check the schrader valve on the fuel rails for pressure. My finger got wet the first time, but the second time I pushed in the pin inside the valve, nothing came out.

Is it the fuel pump, a fuel filter, or a relay somewhere?

Also, in an unrelated problem: I replaced the master brake switch at the top of the pedal not long ago. That switch has something going on with it because every once in a while, the brake lights are stuck on, and that in turn runs my battery out. (Before someone says something, I bought a new battery yesterday in order to rule this out of the non-starting issues.)

What do you guys think?

Jeremiah

·
Got 2 Hemis
5,042 Posts
Usually if it cranks and cranks, it ain't the battery. What year? What motor? How many miles? Do you "run it down to fumes" often?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
title

Title says 2004 hemi, and I'll add that I have 101k miles and yes, as a matter of fact, I ran it down to fumes the last time I drove it. The next time I hopped in, I thought it wouldn't start because it was out of gas. I got some gas and poured about three gallons in it just to get it into town where I could fill it up.

Any help would be great.

·
Got 2 Hemis
5,042 Posts
Running it down to fumes often will destroy a fuel pump. You might want to have the fuel pressure checked. If you turn the key on and wait 30-60 sec., does it start?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nope

won't start no matter how long I have the key on.

In other trucks I've tested, the schrader valve on the fuel rails would squirt fuel up into your face if the system was pressurized. I don't even get any fuel out of this one. So, something is either keeping fuel from getting there or something isn't pushing it there because of mechanical failure of the pump, or failure of a relay to tell it to do it. I'd like to test the relay before droppign the tank, if someone could tell me where to find it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.