DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
roughly 10-15 after starting that it dies
I had a similar issue with a crank sensor. It was replaced and worked well for about 6 months. Then every once in a while it(motor) would cut out just for a split second. It progressively got worse until it would cut out about 6-10 times per half hour of running.
At it's worse it wouldn't cut out until 10 minuets after starting. Just enough time to heat things up. I replaced it with a delphi part from rockauto and truck is running fine now. Where did you get the sensor? Pep Boys? Crank sensors are hall effect sensors usually 3 wires positive voltage negative and then the signal. If you have a wiring diagram of your truck and can find the signal wire from the sensor going back to the pcm you MAY be able to see if it's getting a signal. Do you have you old sensor? Since you are still getting the code 11 it has to be in the crank or cam sensors or the wiring to or from them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I purchased it from autozone, I honestly believe I havent started having all these problems till i had to replace the crank sensor and no the old one was cracked so i tossed it. My next step was buy a good sensor from the dealer or rock auto.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've had similar symtoms with my truck. The first time, it was the O2 sensor with a frayed wire. I changed that out with when I did the intake gasket. Solved the problem for a while. Recently experienced the same thing again, and noticed the temp gauge was not registering above 135. When I changed out the temp gauge, the idle fluctuation went away, and so did the stalling. Since you had a temp code, it is worth a try.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Glad you are up and running, and thanks for the update, thins thread could easily help others with similar baffling problems.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.