DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 Grand Caravan AWD with the Infinity stereo set up. I am trying to add XM to it and need to be able to pull out the head unit so that I can plug in both the XM antenna & to "hard-wire" the XM to the radio (I am not interested in the FM modulation as it gave me very poor sound quality ).

Does anyone know how to get access to the rear of the radio or how to remove the trim surrounding the radio such that I can get to the radio mounts so as to remove the radio so I can get to its rear. I have tried to do it myself but just can't seem to figure out what to unscrew and/or remove so as to get the radio out. Do I have to take apart the dash? :help:

Got any pics? Got a write-up?

Thx so much,

Frustrated in AR

·
Registered
144 Posts
Just above the cup holder there is a trim piece that comes off, two screws are behind that, after the whole thing should come off.

·
Registered
39 Posts
REMOVAL
Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
Remove cup holder.
Remove trim panel above cupholder by pulling straight out.
Remove center instrument panel trim panel.
Remove screws holding radio to instrument panel.
Pull radio rearward to gain access to the back of radio (RADIO).
Disconnect antenna cable from back of radio.
Remove bolt holding ground strap to the radio.
Disconnect the wire connectors from the back of the radio

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thx a ton. Although I was pulling out the cup holder, I neglected to pull off that little piece of trim so as to get started.

I will give it a shot tonight.

much appreciated,

mr :cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
SERVICEMANAGER1 or anyone, where the heck does that antenna attach to the back of the radio? I pulled my 2000 Grand Caravan Sport stock AM/FM/Cassette out, and cannot get the radio back.

It looks like it should have a plastic receptacle as the other wires, but I can't understand how it is supposed to attach? or where? It looks from the position like it should be on the passenger side of the stereo, but I can't see where for the life of me. My wife is gonna kill me if I can't get this radio back on.

J in VA

·
Registered
5 Posts
oops...hmmm..... but what was that?

Yeah, I had knocked the antenna back behind the molding, and was trying to attach some red and white plug that seems to have no home? Anyway, my audio is back in action. It didn't help that I was trying to do this in the dark during a storm.

I do have a bad speaker problem still though. Any experience troubleshooting that in and out speaker problem?

Thanks,
J

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.