DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My reverse lights do not work on my 95 Dodge Ram 1500, V8, Auto. I have checked the back up light fuse, the bulbs, and the wires leading to the reverse lights. The wires are not getting power. From reading previous threads the refer to a back up switch, but on a manual. Is there one on a auto?. where do I find it?, Please forgive me if this seems like a dumb question. I have just imported the Ram into New Zealand and I am trying to comply it. I Hate electriacl faults. ANY help is greatly appreciated.

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
Yes there is a back-up light switch on the automatics. It also servers as a neutral saftey switch so you can't start the truck in gear.

It's located near the shift linkage above the trans. pan.

Here's what it should look like.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fantastic!. Cheers for the speedy reply. I am a new convert from a 78 Bronco and I think I made the the right choice. just a few teathing problems to sort out. I ordered a Haynes manual a few days ago but it is yet to arrive. Is that part number 2926495? I can just make it out. I will have fun trying to source one down here I think. Can anyone recommend a Dodge parts supplier who sends international?

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
Aren't there any Chrysler dealerships in NZ or Australia?

I'm not sure if that number is a Chrysler part number or not. I found this picture on the Advance Auto Parts website. www.partsamerica.com

I'm not sure if they ship internationally.

Try www.autozone.com or mayber www.rockauto.com

If all else fails, I can buy one and ship it to you if you want.

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
I just checked....Rock Auto ships internationally

www.rockauto.com

Just follow the drop menus to find your truck and part.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I spent a couple of hours ringing around and managed to find one, from a general transmission shop. just finished fitting it to the truck. IT WORKS!!!!!!!. it almost had me fooled though, I was testing it by swiching the lights on while in reverse. BUT I never had the key on full, just before it got too dark and I tried it as the last option. Anyway. thanks for the help and the part supplier in the states. This site has won a loyal follower. RAM's ROCK

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.