DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am stumped and p.oed. my 2000 dakota rt cc, is not wanting to start . i will give the facts and maybe i am missing something. i was sitting in traffic the other day and the guy in front of me went to soo and wast boned. so i flipped on the flashers and got out and dierected traffic then about 15 20 mins later the accident was cleared and i went to start my truck and the damn thing was dead. so as all of us know it must be alternator ,or battery most the time so i rolled her across the street and went to les schwab and they charged the batter and then after it was up and charged they checked my voltage and it was great on the alenator. batter was great .so i went to start it again after running in to use the jon and the rt started fine but was dropping off and dieng. did this about three times and then finnally held and idel. i drove around stop and go for like an hour and everything was fine. next day no probs at all and then today i go out to satr it and the damn thing is with very little juice and i can't sart it . i am in need of some opinons please . could it still be a altenator do ya think ? or what i am loist nothing is new on the rig has had no prblems starting at all and nothing electrical has been aded i did remove the high beam indicator thing under the hood for the running lights during the day but thats all. please please yall i need some imput . if you would .thanks USCITZN . i have only had the rig for like 3 months now and love this little monster and would like to see her running like she was before .please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ps so sorry so long i am just venting and pissed off . :gr_patrio

·
02 5.9er
89 Posts
Um, I'd like to try to help you figure out what the problem is, but I can't understand your writing.

·
02 R/T & 05 Ram
2,725 Posts
try a known good battery in it, for starters. Where was it hit ?

·
Registered
590 Posts
how old is the battery? might be time for a new one if it wont hold a charge. Optima Yellow tops are pretty popular for our trucks.

once yaget it runnin, double check the alt output. should be ~15v or higher

·
The Cherry Express
3,846 Posts
If the battery is original & it is a 2000 model, what you said about leaving your flasher's on for 20 minutes or more may have a bearing on your problem. As already mentioned, try a battery that you KNOW is good, & check all of the connection's!!!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it is the original and i can sy that the altenator was just over 15 when my battery was charged up and truck running. i will slap a new battery in i think and see if tat helps .sorry about the post it is a pain to type when i am pissed lol.thanks yall! :gr_patrio

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh and my truck wasnt hit the dummy in front of me was hit . i just turned off the truck and then it would nopt atrt dead as a door nnail. thanks again heading to get a battery now

·
02 R/T & 05 Ram
2,725 Posts
yep, it really sounds like your battery went tits up.

·
01RC2WD4.75SPD
790 Posts
most places will test your battery for free to see if thats the problem before you lay down $50

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO IT WAS THE BATTERY !!!!!!!!! ON THE ROAD AGAIN .LOL THANKS YA ALL FOR THE INPUT. DAMN THING LASTED ALMOST 51,000 MILES AND 7 YEARS. NOT BAD NOW I AM SITTING PRETTY :rck: :rck: :rck: :rck: :rck:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.