DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

· Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i need tires bad and im gonna put 33 inch tires on my truck. i got a price from a local guy for LT 285/70R17 tires both cooper and firestone. the coopers are 183$ and the firestone are 133$. my question is what do you guys thing is a better tire?, dont look at the price tag here. any advice would help me out a lot thanks.

· Serenity
5,995 Posts
Not sure about either of those - are they ATs? Many really like Toyo open country ATs. These are $165.00 each in your size so they are between the two. You would have to pay to ship them and get them mounted, but you would not have to pay tax if you do not live in Illinois. Others have purchased tires here with good success:

http://www.tiredeals4less.com/TOYO_Open_Country_AT_LT285_70R_P1725C174.cfm

· Registered
25,139 Posts
The Cooper STT is a awesome tire

Attachments

· You've been Hijacked
15,407 Posts
can't you get the bfg's in that size for about $180?

· Registered
251 Posts
Out of the two brands you listed I would consider the coopers - the STT shown above is an awesome tire - highly recommend - I would also look into the Maxxis Bighorns - another tough tire performs great and is usually a bit cheaper than the other big name companies.

· hillbilly technologist
366 Posts
BFGs are great tires.....they just don't last very long in my experiences with them. If they make the size, I'd check out some Bridgestone AT Revos. I have em on both trucks and they have so far proven to be just as good as the BFGs while lasting much longer and costing less.

· Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok so i also have factory 20 inch rims whats that size in a 33' inch tall tire. i dont want the 33x12.5r20 i need like the size 305 bla bla bla lol dose that make sence?

· Serenity
5,995 Posts
fannitti said:
ok so i also have factory 20 inch rims whats that size in a 33' inch tall tire. i dont want the 33x12.5r20 i need like the size 305 bla bla bla lol dose that make sence?
A 275/60/20 is 33" - is this what you are asking?

· Serenity
5,995 Posts

· Registered
2,632 Posts
factory tire on 20's are 33's. they look alot smaller dont they?

· Serenity
5,995 Posts
fannitti said:
So ... have you decided, or have we just confused you totally :D

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.