DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I gotta question. I am going to be moving back home (900 miles away) and I am going to be pulling a trailer and loading the bed of the truck. So I plan on putting my stock shackles back on and was planning on putting the overload spring back in. The only problem is that when I was taking the overload out of the leaf pack I had some issues with rust and the pins that are attached to the overloads crumbled. Is it ok to re-install them w/o the pins? or is there something else I can do to put them back in???

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome! Thanks. There are a few pieces of the pins left on the spring, so maybe those will help locate them! lol

·
Boost, you say!?
1,304 Posts
I considered the same thing when I began doing renovations at home. You may want to consider air helper springs on the rear. They are quicker and easier to install than the stock overloads and can handle 10x the weight.

I've carried 2862 lbs and 2500+ lbs payload on 2 short trips and the rear still sat higher than the front and still drove very well. (80 psi)

Just an option for you anyway.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah that would be nice, but I don't have any money to spend. I still have my springs and shackles so all I have to do it put them back on. No biggie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.