DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have $600 cash was going to pick up (4) brand new off brand tires this weekend but just got an email from someone offering (5) 33x12.50.17 Pro Comp MT's with 20.5/32 tread for the same price. What would you guys do:help::worthy:

·
Registered
912 Posts
if i were you id buy new...ive had problems with used tires(they might look good but when u mount them the may have broken belts or lumps) new is well worth it, if you have a problem with new u can get another 1, but used if they are bad tires your out 600bills...thats my opinion.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Buy them, what are the off brandtires?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
grizzly grip supposed to be made by pro comp its the CL guy in Hayward, ca but its onyl four of them and with tx its like 670.00 and still gotta get them mounted eaither way

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
I've read about those, look pretty decent as well. But for 5 Pro Comp's, that is a steal.

·
Previously Micash21
2,802 Posts
You should find a better deal. You could get 4 Firestone Destination A/T's by 3 get one free for less than that. Your will hit the tread wear indicator before you know it, the tires will be worthless and you wasted $600 for 2-3 months worth of tire usage.

BTW, 5/32 tread is less than 3/16".

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
not 5/32 its 20/32 and i can still see the rubber nipples on the sides, thank you all for the input but 5 tires and one has never been on the truck plus rims is too good of a deal to pass up
hope its the right move

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Dismount the wheels and sell them to get some money back!

·
Previously Micash21
2,802 Posts
My bad. I thought the 20 was in a different sentence.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts