Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help...

I feel like a Dummasss, but have to ask... What tire size/wheel size combo do I have? 2003 SXT Standard 4x4. I talked to a local guy here looking to upsize my my tires, and didn't know where to start...

He thought I might have 16' rims (stock)...anyone have experience with this?

Thanks!! :)

Dave

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol Yep, they're definitely skidyears....I hate these tires sooo much, I'm trying to run em thin before winter for a new set!! :)

Nitto's or Toyo's....or maybe general (generic)...size bigger, what do you think?

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
just look at the numbers on the side of the tire. They will say something like 265 70R16. That is what came stock on my 02 SLT. The numbers equate to the following:
width 265mm
aspect ratio 70%
wheel diameter 16"

The aspect ratio allows you to calculate the tire diameter as follows

265mm divided by 25.4 = 10.4" tire tread width
10.4" x 70% = 7.3" tire sidewall height
16" + 7.3" + 7.3" = 30.6" tire diameter.

·
King Daddy D.O.G!!!
2,475 Posts
I like the aggressiveness of the BFG MT/X. I like the looks of this tire. However...you can get a decent set of Toyo's mounted on a set of rims from Summit Racing for a decent price as a package deal.

As for size, I am probably going to say that you should do a T/S lift and stick some 32 X 11.50. Anything bigger and you should go with a 3" body lift.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool! I'll check it out! If I order just straight tires, can I upsize em at all? 275? Wider footprint?

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
huskergto said:
If I order just straight tires, can I upsize em at all? 275?
what does that mean??

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry...
Is it possible to:
Stay with the same rim, but go with a bigger tire, from 265-70-16 to maybe a 275-70-16 or 275-75-16?

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
yes

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
huskergto said:
Cool! I'll check it out! If I order just straight tires, can I upsize em at all? 275? Wider footprint?
First lets make sure you know what your are doing and what you want to do. Are you looking for just a wider tire or a wider and taller tire? Are you looking for the largest tire you can fit? Also if you can post a picture of your rims or find a picture. The base models came with 16x7 (That may be just the Sport. I don't know what the SXT has) and the other models came with 16x8.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just double checked, they are P265 70/16'. I believe a 16' rim. I'm trying to find the biggest and or widest tire I can squeeze w/o rubbing or modifications or lifts. I hope that helps? If not, I'll definitely be happy to snap a picture!

thanks!
Dave

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.