DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I want to level out my 03' 1500 Reg. Cab. I thought about getting the DJM rear drop shackles but wanted to see if anyone has tried them out. Their website says 1/2" to 1 1/2" drop results however some installation problems might occur. Anyone have any comments or previous experience with these? Thanks in advance......

·
Registered
1,096 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Send Slammed 1 a PM he can get you the Ground Force ones for a good price, and also you get his support. I have them on truck. Brian is a Great guy and will do you right. I if you have a questions about the install he can help too. He saved me alot of head ache.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I did the DJM's from Stylin Concepts. Took 45 mins and got 1 1/2 inches. Had no install probs.

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
Grease the bushing very well inside and out side were they attach to the hangers, that will help avoid sqeaking...

·
Registered
136 Posts
hi
I have a set of s1s shackles on my truck now and they are great. but I need to bring the rear back to stock height ( I am using it as a tow vech. for my sons SRT-4 drag car) and with the car, trailer, tools and 4 to 6 people I cant use the lowered shakles anymore.
Maybe we can work something out.
Ray

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
I would bag it Ram48.... I installed rear shackles to level it out and am installing air bags to assist when I tow my boat an hav all my camping gear in the back... I've lowered my van this way and it looks nice even with a load...

·
Just another HEMI
97 Posts
these are what I installed..........the DJM drop shackles............

this was the from the ground to the wheel well before, with stock shackle

this was after..................not very impressive

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
Hey Dragonbro, did you want to go lower? how about the overload spring removal mod? I was thinkin of doin this... I wanted to try all the cheap mods before I spend money on a flip or drop leafs.

fred

·
Registered
460 Posts
I just removed my middle leafs. It's probably not for everyone, but I'm happy!

·
Just another HEMI
97 Posts
I'm going to go up instead of down...........I'm waiting on some extra cash to buy the 3inch front spindle lift and a rear block lift. for now I'll put some bigger tires on the stock 17 inch alloy wheeels I have. I plan on switching to 20's when I can afford it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.