DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone explain to me why UPS will not ship to Canada from New Jersey?
I have been trying to buy a set of shocks and have sent the money, the other member, who has been very good has even tried to ship them but they are telling him they can't because they require more info because of customs. Its a good thing no one has relatives in Canada in Jersey. I have purchased Rims, tuner, intake, plugs, you name it all from member from Texas and California. No issues. Some parcels were delivered by UPSH1T.
The member is now in the process of sending my money back to me no fault to him. Is there any other way he can ship them to me without hassle. It doesn't make a bit of sense to me. He mentioned he had problems inthe past trying to send a parcel here. Something is just not right here. Any advice for myself or to the other member would be great!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Maybe it is just the local UPS center he is dealing with. Try another shipper - like FEDEX.

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
Shipping across the borders seems to always pose a problem with me as well.......USPS has 3 options and the cheapest is Parcel post and its guaranteed there between "3-5 weeks"?!?!?!?! They also have express and priority which is 2 or 3 days guaranteed for a much more expensive price. There is ALOT of paper work when shipping over the border so I can see where some shipping outfits wont attempt it. I have a fedex account and still get trouble trying to ship across the border.

·
They call me Radio
4,809 Posts
I've never had a problem with shipping across the borders. I only have an issue when I have to ship over the pond just because it takes so much longer. I always use USPS because its cheap and with international shipments, they have always been very helpful when I have had questions.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
I have bought a lot of model trainstuff over the years and now insist it is sent by mail. Slower than snaut but the last time with UPS it ended up in a customs shed and I had to pay a broker to get my stuff. Friggin broker nailed me $125. So now I either go down to Seatlle and get what I want ( larger woodworking tools) or wait for the mail. Last stuff from New York took 6 days and only cost a few bucks.

·
Registered
275 Posts
First you guys are talking about two different services. UPS & USPS

I have found that lately the Canadian Customs has stiffened up. If it is a “package” it will require the normal customs forms to be filled out. Letters still go thru OK.

The global community has changed.

·
They call me Radio
4,809 Posts
Right, all I'm saying is that I've done all the paperwork to ship large and/or expensive items to Canada many times with FedEx, UPS and USPS. I've had the least hassle and great service USPS. I recently shipped a large package with about $10,000 of recording studio gear to Toronto about 2 months ago and I had no problems at all. I had bigger issues with the insurance than I did with customs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.