DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 06 Ram QC and I am hooking out a line out convertor to my factory radio. I know usually the remote is a blue wire but this truck doesn't have one. Which wire will I use for the remote?

Thanks
Chris

·
Banned
4,819 Posts
CGB-02 said:
I got a 06 Ram QC and I am hooking out a line out convertor to my factory radio. I know usually the remote is a blue wire but this truck doesn't have one. Which wire will I use for the remote?

Thanks
Chris
You will need to use the ignition wire it will be a safe and easy way to go , I also would recommend installing a fuse thee amps max on the remote line no more than two inches from where you tie in too power. Radio shack should have an inline fuse link that will work for you.

·
voo doo 1 I am buggin out
6,355 Posts
you can also download the service manual for the 06 from hemitruckclub.com (you will see it on the left side) then go to the radio section of the wiring diagram to figure out which is the ignition on wire (meaning no power when the key is off) which is thew way you want to wire it in like the others guys said so you dont drain your battery from the amp being on all the time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the service manual and I am still not sure which wire it will be. I have the 7 speaker system and all it shows for it is the speaker + & -. If anyone know exactly which wire I would appratice it

Chris

·
voo doo 1 I am buggin out
6,355 Posts
CGB-02 said:
I got the service manual and I am still not sure which wire it will be. I have the 7 speaker system and all it shows for it is the speaker + & -. If anyone know exactly which wire I would appratice it

Chris
I am looking thru the manual as well and dam there are so many diagrams to look at ... I would look for a Pink with yellow stripe and see if it turns off and on with the ignition switch (PK/YL) .. the one diagram I was looking at was 2999 of 9267

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.