DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 2017 Power Wagon (38,000kms, not sure what that is in miles). The truck has been great to date but now I'm getting a P0871 Trans Fluid Press Sens/Switch C Circ Range/Perf.

The truck is shifting hard, and then it throws the tranny into limp mode (4th gear)

Not having any luck resolving the situation with a garage.

Would anyone have a solution, or a suggestion on this matter?

Thanks

·
Registered
363 Posts
When you say you didn't have any luck resolving it with a garage, what does that mean? What did they do? The P code is generic for a value that is outside expected ranges. Harsh shifting would seem to indicated the line pressure is too high, probably due to a failed line pressure solenoid, but that's just an educated guess.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry, been away and without cell or internet.

The garage said that there was an update for the ppm and that was the issue. Well it wasn't, and they also said that they were not able to figure it out.

I live in a remote area in northern Canada so my options on garages are extremely limited.

I called the dealership and i was told that there is a customer satisfaction notification that was sent out for Transmission solenoid Pack, however my VIN was not in the affect range. But, the conditions i'm experience are near exact of what the notice explains

I was told that if i decided to go this route, and even though there is a recall, i will have to pay for it myself as my vin isn't affected

·
Registered
363 Posts
Once again, how is this not a warranty issue? Tell them you want a new transmission if they can't figure it out. If they won't, go over them to the district manager for that region of Canada.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts