Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

New to the site, first post!

I have just recently acquired my grandfathers 1947 dodge 1.5 ton flatbed dodge truck.

Forgive me for my ignorance, but I was wondering if any of you could shed some light on what exactly I have(model, engine specs, any other interesting info that you can think of).....

Here is the information that I have already

Serial#:81427658
Model#?:T113-224426
GVWR:20000Lbs

Also, on the registration is says WFAX-32. I did a little digging via google, and was not able to decipher what this represents; Any Ideas??

Any help is appreciated!

The body and frame of the truck is in great condition(no rust, but needs a paint as the current is original and is badly faded.)

The truck was in good mechanical condition about 20 years ago when it was "parked". It hasn't been started since, so I would assume that it needs an overhaul. I am debating if I should fix the existing inline 6 or transplant a 318 or 360. Anyone had any experience with this? Recommendations?

·
39-47DodgeTrucks
8 Posts
1947 Dodge WFAX-32

The truck you mention, with serial number 81427658 is a 1947 Dodge 1.5 ton, made in Detroit, late 1947 model. It has a 160" wheelbase, two speed rear axle and is equipped with special equipment, such has heavy duty suspension which is likely heavier springs or additional springs. Normally the truck like this is rated at 14,500 lbs, but yours, at 20,000 lbs rating has been beefed up. Likely also, it has fishplate on the sides of the frame. The flathead engine will be in the same condition now as when it was parked, unless it has had open exposure to rain on it, or other damage. Possible that it would start right up after a change of plugs, points, battery, and oil. But if the engine was shot when parked it will be necessary to repair. It is a good one to restore, much easier than replacing and modifying with a modern V-8.
dave
I have a web site for these trucks. Contact me to register the truck, and join our forum.
Hope you register the truck there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.