DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright i was going to get a ram air hood but i dont think it would flow with my front end to well heres a picture of the front end but now i have a chrome sportguard front bumper. So would a cowl induction srt or ram air look better.

Attachments

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
how about a function cervinis SS hood?

Attachments

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
I haven't seen any aftermarket hood look bad. Those stick-on scoops are another story.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no stick ons i hate them. and i see them all the time. Even on a brand new dodge disel they had them. yea i like your hood rock but that looks like more of a lowered d look.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Not to jack a thread, Rock - but how did you get your wipers to match up?

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
Zeph said:
Not to jack a thread, Rock - but how did you get your wipers to match up?
you can get aerosol cans with your paint code from the dealer or just about any parts store that sells paint.

·
Registered
105 Posts
rockadaous said:
you can get aerosol cans with your paint code from the dealer or just about any parts store that sells paint.
Nah, I meant line up evenly.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
can anyone photochop an hood for me this is an old pic but it would help me get an idea

Attachments

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Zeph said:
Nah, I meant line up evenly.
You can reposition it by removing the arm. Pry off the plastic cap. Remove the nut and rock the arm till it comes off the knurled shaft.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Neil F. said:
You can reposition it by removing the arm. Pry off the plastic cap. Remove the nut and rock the arm till it comes off the knurled shaft.
Thanks, something else to do this weekend. :gr_patrio

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
sorry. yea what neil said LOL I've had my wipers off and on 1000 times. Line it up with the black on the bottom of the window

·
Registered
105 Posts
This must be the first time the arm has EVER been off. It's on there! I'm not trying to break anything. Any recommendations to getting the arm off? I changed my headlights to the one piece yesterday and assumed I'd be cursing up a storm but thanks to IndyDurango and DurangoDude the old ones came off and the new ones went on in about 30 minutes (no bumper removal). I expected the wiper to be about a 5 minute job. :help:

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Hit it with so WD-40 or Power Blaster. Hold the arm on either side of the shaft and rock either side up/down.

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
get under the arm at the pivot point with water pump pliers to help you rock it off. I did the rear yesterday and it did the trick.

·
Registered
165 Posts
A small battery cable clamp puller worked perfectly for me, and no risk of damage.

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
triplejjjay said:
A small battery cable clamp puller worked perfectly for me, and no risk of damage.
Good multi-use tool, I thought of using a steering wheel puller I had but it was way too big.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Tried the WD-40 with no luck. Tried a bearing puller with no luck. Friend of mine used the Fonz' trick with an open hand slap on the arm - it wriggled off with no fuss. He said I must have loosened it for him as he walked off laughing. Thanks, guys. Next thing - LED lights. Let the modding continue!

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
he must've cracked it when you weren't looking!

·
King Daddy D.O.G!!!
2,475 Posts
I think that slapping it allowed the pressure to come off of it on one side enough for the oil to enter on the other side. Either that or this was one cool dude!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.