DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I have a phoenix gold RSD 12 sub on a center console box from super crew sound, well @ high volumes the sub is hitting the plastic thing under the box, there is no way I can remove or relocate that plastic box.

So I need no add some extra height on the box in order for the sub to have full excursion clearance, something around .5" to 1".

Would adding some larger bolts and washers be all right?

Any idea?

THX in advance

· Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone knows the size of the 4 bolts that hold down the center console?

THX again

· Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone please?

THX again.

· Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got 1 of the bolts out, gonna buy some 1/2" larger ones and add some extra washers to raise the sit 1/2" and see if its enough for the sub to get its full suspension excursion.

· Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I got some 3/4" larger bolts and Im gonna use 2 larger diameter nuts on each bolt in order to use them like spacer around 1/2" taller.

Im also gonna about 1.2lbs of polyfil to the .95cf sealed enclosure to help with such a small enclosure for a sealed 12" sub.

What do you guys think?

· You've been Hijacked
15,407 Posts
what plastic thing are you talking about that you can't remove?

BTW...did your longer bolts solve the problem?

· Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
quietpeen said:
what plastic thing are you talking about that you can't remove?

BTW...did your longer bolts solve the problem?

Its a black plastic box that has some electronics on it, its bolted to the floor of the truck.

YES the 3/4" longer bolts gave me around 3/4" more of clearance when I used the bigger diameter nuts as spacers.

The sub now can reach its full excursion.

· You've been Hijacked
15,407 Posts
kmu said:
Its a black plastic box that has some electronics on it, its bolted to the floor of the truck.

YES the 3/4" longer bolts gave me around 3/4" more of clearance when I used the bigger diameter nuts as spacers.

The sub now can reach its full excursion.
ahhh...that's why I didn't know what you are talking about. I don't have that in my truck.

glad to hear the bolts worked for you though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.