DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a new HU in my 2005 RAM With Infinity system. Just discovered I have no way to turn on the stock Amp.

SOOO, I need decent 4-Channel Amp. I was hoping to run the doors, and rears off the 4-chan amp. I'll run the tweeters and center speaker off the HU for now. I have a seprate Amp for my Sub already.

What do you reccommend amp wise, and what output should I get? 75ish seems average. Also, what is the rating/resistance on the stock speakers in a reg cab RAM?

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
You can turn on the factory amp, you need a Metra wire harness kit.......

But a new aftermarket amp would be better anyway.......I suggest Diamond Audio amps.

You will have to replace the 15 watt factory speakers if you add a new amp......Diamond again

Cost effective way would be the D3 line, want real good go D6 line, money burning a hole in your pockett but you want the best stuff in the world get D9's

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The harness I used Is a Metra. from searching on here, I heard the late 04's and all 05's can't use a remote turn on. They use the PCI bus to turn the amp on...

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Well that sux.........see if RTDuango or Racer Raul have a solution for you (they may know a of a PCI bus adaptor)

Personally I would go with a full system, new head, new amps, new speakers.....can be done for around $1500 with good shopping techniques

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Check out Phoenix Gold amps on ebay, I'm telling ya, they are real good amps for alot less $$.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.