Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

I have an '02 Durango with the Infinity package. The amp has a bad channel, but the head unit is fine.

Anyone have an Infinity amp part 56043072AF model 36670C that they have upgraded from or don't need? Will any other units/part numbers fit into the stock system?

Thanks in advance,
sltplus

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
better sound..............more power...............and upgradable..........I vote get an aftermarket replacement.

But I am sure someone will be able to help you find a stocker

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dracos - Thanks....

So far no luck on a stock amp, how difficult is putting an aftermarket amp with the stock head unit? I don't have any pin outs for the amp input or outputs. Doing the install and wiring work isn't a problem for me at all, but the "how to" and "what wire is what" on the plugs is an unknown.

I am pretty sure its a 4x40watt amp, so I wouldn't mind putting in some new speakers and a more powerful amp, but want to keep head unit stock.

Suggestions or ideas? I have attached a photo of the amp and plugs.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
You should be able to get a metra harness to do that (the one for the amp connector) that will give you all the signals and speaker wire connections, might even have a turn on lead for the amp).....

Those factory amps dont make any more than 15 watts before they start to distort real bad.......40 watts happens if lightning strikes the truck.

You can keep your factory head unit as most of the eq is done in the factory amp (it is easier to have one headunit for all the cars, change the amp and speakers for the "taylored" sound that vehicle needs)

Go to a stereo shop to get the Metra kit you need.

·
Registered
251 Posts
What's this metra harness kit that you are talking about? One of my friends is just giving me his 4x75 watt amp to run the new components up from and 2 ways in the rear. Do you mean that I won't be able to just remove the old stock amp and wire the new one in its place? Any help would be great, Draco. Thanks,

Brett

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.