DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
hotrodsquid
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 2 hours I'm set to go to the dealership for my first oil change and they've decided to start the "we'll have to check with our warranty manager and check if the Mobil-1 oil filter will do damage to your truck and void your warranty" business.

Now, before I say that that's crap, is there any truth that a non-Mopar oil filter could be detrimental to my engine? Could it really void warranty or make any future warranty claims difficult?

Oh... and i know there's a HUGE discussion as to when to switch to a full syn oil. I've made the decision to switch so there's no reason to start that one up again. lol

I've been visiting here for a while and I'm proud to say that I now have the vehicle to back-up my obsession:

2006 5.7 QC Laramie 4x4
Loaded
Mopar Chrome Tubular Side Steps

Thanks for any info you guys (and girls) might have. You've all been a great wealth of information so far.

·
HC-Racing,LLC
1,841 Posts
The manager wont know $hit.
They are just lucky to be there..
L.

·
Registered
521 Posts
It shouldnt void your warranty.

·
Official DT Amsoil Dealer
697 Posts
They CANNOT void your warranty for using the Mobil 1 filter or any other as long as it is the correct filter for your application. Ask them what filter you can use to keep the warranty. If they say MOPAR, say "Good GIVE me one" cause that is what they would have to do, GIVE IT TO YOU FREE.

As for when to go synthetic, do it any time on any vehicle. I always change my new vehicles out between 500 and 1000 miles.

·
The Green Machine
1,722 Posts
o2man98 said:
They CANNOT void your warranty for using the Mobil 1 filter or any other as long as it is the correct filter for your application. Ask them what filter you can use to keep the warranty. If they say MOPAR, say "Good GIVE me one" cause that is what they would have to do, GIVE IT TO YOU FREE.
That's correct - check out the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act. Know your rights and tell them to shove it if they tell you any different.

http://www.granatellimotorsports.com/magnusonmoss.htm

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/buspubs/warranty.htm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.