DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck started acting funny the other day I was giving it a tune up and giving it all new fluids when I got done I was going through 4hi and lo. when I would turn the wheel it would try to go back straight. then after I shut my truck off the 4x4 wouldn't engage, when I started it back up again. however i did get it to engage once since the problem. I don't think that it is my t/c because it will still change the gear ratio when you put it into 4 lo and hi. So I think that it is in the front axel somewhere just don't know where.

·
Registered
803 Posts
well my question would be did you by chance knock off a vacum line during your servicing? That is a really quick and easy and cheap fix if so. Also how did you service your front differential. Do you have a drian plug or did you split it apart? Did you line it back up if you split it? I'm definately thinking it is inside of your front differential but I'm not positive. Someone with more front end experience can help me out here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if you mean the vaccum lines on top of the transfer case then I did check those in fact i even traced them back to where they get the vaccum very interesting i must say that was a task in its self. Anyway I did split it and I am sure that I lined it up right I will check it again to make sure just in cse anymore Ideas would be great thanks a lot for your time

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.