DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
IDK how to setup a poll but hopefully this is the week i can get my tires. YAY!! Im still not sold on what tires i want to get Help me out, im looking at 35x12.50 BFG KM2 that measure 34.8" tall or 37x12.50 BFG A/T KO that measure 36.3" tall according to the specs on there website. I have a 2" front and rear lift on my powerwagon.

PRICES

4-35x12.50-17 MUD T/A KM2: $1132.00
4-37x12.50-17 AT T/A KO $1220.00

Shipping included

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
I can highly recomend the Cooper STT's. Outstanding in the snow,mud & wet. I would not hesitate to get another set. Used to be made in America-don't know if they still are. I will be putting 35" Cooper STT's on when these wear out.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Just rememer you can't putthe 37" spare under your truck.

·
Registered
988 Posts
i like the 35' stt's by cooper, or even the new km2 by bfg
if your going to a reg a/t go with the toyos

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like the Toyo M/T too but i think they are over priced for what they are. If i decide to go with a 35" it will probly end up being a toyo.

·
我愛貓
7,864 Posts
I like the Toyo M/T too but i think they are over priced for what they are. If i decide to go with a 35" it will probly end up being a toyo.
If your looking at the toyo MT's but don;t want to spend the money I would definitely go with the coopers then. The Discoverer STT's are practically the same tread pattern but a softer sidewall (you decide if that's good or not)

·
Registered
258 Posts
I am on my second set of Toyo MT 35s. I think my next set will be the KM2 35s. The Toyos wear great, are quiet, and look better than anything else out there with their agressive tread on the sidewall. But they are just too stiff. The PW with the hemi just does not need an E rated tire.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ill run to the local tire shops and get prices for the toyos and coopers after work.

·
我愛貓
7,864 Posts
I am on my second set of Toyo MT 35s. I think my next set will be the KM2 35s. The Toyos wear great, are quiet, and look better than anything else out there with their agressive tread on the sidewall. But they are just too stiff. The PW with the hemi just does not need an E rated tire.
Personally I like the cooper sidewall allot better. The pictures don't do them justice, I saw a set in real life and didn't even recognize them. It's like they have claws on the sides :D and it seems much more useful than the little ones on the toyo's to me. But I have not used either yet

·
Registered
441 Posts
That's why I run mine at 16psi 24/7 :D

·
我愛貓
7,864 Posts
That's why I run mine at 16psi 24/7 :D
16, really? just in the winter or seriously all the time, how bad does that affect the tire life/ mpg?

·
Registered
441 Posts
16, really? just in the winter or seriously all the time, how bad does that affect the tire life/ mpg?
No, no ,no... sorry for the misunderstanding, my sarcasm button is broken....

What I will say is this:

I have finally settled on a psi 38 front/35 rear for "normal street driving" and 19 front/17 rear for "normal offroad driving". The toyo's sidewalls are f-in stiff/thick, and at higher psi's the ride reflects that. I've also fudged on the psi's and driven around in the dirt at 25 psi and then drove home 50-60 miles without airing back up and neither dirt or street suffered as bad as you might think. And I've done the mpg "tests" on multiple tanks and varrying psi's with little if any difference from one to another (35 vs 45 vs 55). I think the type of music I listen to affects the mpg more than anything else. Rock: bad mpg, Jazz: good mpg. :D And they seem to be wearing very evenly with 18k on 'em...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Toyos are out, went to the local dealer gave me a price just shy of 1500.00 for MT 35". Then said they didnt have any in stock nor did there supplier. Then the cooper dealer down the street didnt have any 35" in stock and they didnt seem to want to help me out by ordering some for me.

·
我愛貓
7,864 Posts
I figured you were kidding about the 16psi but had to ask :D

2k7wagon, that sucks do you have just that one dealer? cooper tires are pretty much the only company that offers a off road tire that has dealers around me. like 8 of them :YO:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok from the same place online that i was going to order the BFGs, they have the cooper stt for $1064.00 with shipping. thats a price i like to see:D

·
我愛貓
7,864 Posts
Ok from the same place online that i was going to order the BFGs, they have the cooper stt for $1064.00 with shipping. thats a price i like to see:D
That's what I'm talking about :rck:and the pictures really don't do them justice, like I said the first time I saw them I didn't even recognize them. They've got a mean side wall :D

What was the website, I haven't had any luck finding one for those tires?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
441 Posts
double check the warranty policy with the discount/costco type retail outlets for tires, if you haven't already. I've heard of folks who have been S.O.L with legitimate claims from places like these (ie: no manufacture warranty, just a retail warranty...) From what I understand, the manufactures sometimes build the tires a bit differently, just for the discount type places...

I swear I remember running across a story here on DT where a guy bought some BFG mt's and a couple of the lugs had completely sheared off and he was left out to dry... I think he ended up getting a good deal on a complete new set as a result, but not without a lot of grief. Just a heads up...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts