DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 Ram 5.7. I want to put a flowmaster 50 series SI/SO dumped on, but I know that since the muffler is shorter then stock I will nee a new intermediate pipe. Does anyone know the exact length of the3 inch pipe I will need?

Thanks

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
JP,

First of all, Welcome to DodgeTalk! You have come to the right place to learn about what people are doing to their rides!

Does that truck have the MDS setup? If it does, you may want to do some research on that Flowmaster before you buy it. Seems that when MDS activates, it produces a VERY unpleasant tone from what many of us have been reading.

As for your question, Im not sure the exact length of pipe you will need, but any exhaust shop will be able to install and fab that for you for little to no $$$

Good Luck!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks for the welcome. To answer your question it does have the MDS and I have read most all of the posts that I could find on the topic. From what I have read some hate the sound and others dont mind it too much. I figured since I do most of my driving in the city, if I didnt like the sound while the MDS was engaged, I would just leave the tow/haul button pushed and not have to worry about it.

Your also right about the pipe I need not costing much, but I was going to install it myself and just thought it would be easier if I knew the correct length of pipe I would need before I went to the exhaust shop.

Again thanks, and hopefully someone with an 06 might know the answer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.