DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was given an '84 Dodge Ram Pickup. It says Custom 100 on the side and I can't seem to find much about it online.

I've never had a truck before and it drives alright, but the belts squeal for about 10 seconds when I start it up - they seem a little loose and look a little old. I'd like to replace those and I've included pictures in this post, but I'm not sure what I'm looking at or what to ask for. I'd also like to replace the air filter, but I figure that's as easy as a car.

I know it needs a new wiper linkage bushing too because the motor works, but the wipers stopped working about a week after I got it.

I'm definitely a novice - can anyone help me identify this truck and does anyone know what belts I should ask for? I'm assuming a place like O'Reilly or AutoZone will have 'em.

Thanks for any information.

Attachments

·
Registered
909 Posts
Look nice and clean. Depending on prior/recent maintenance you need to attend to all the perishable bits: oil, brakes, belts, hoses, filter, etc. I'd start with a couple of manuals from ebay or PDFs of service manuals. Grady

·
locogk
5,856 Posts
85 dodge truck and go to napa and ask for windshield wiper bushings i sell them aleast once a week that will fix wiper problem and nice truck

·
Premium Member
30,916 Posts
:popcorn:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.