1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
hot2k1ram
756 Posts
i have slotted and drilled rotors bought off ebay, i was very surprised, they're very thick and beefy so they wont warp easily, and look cool sittin behind my rims,, but u have to go w/ ceramic pads or else you'll get brown dust all over ur wheels and lots of brake noise, and the rotors help a lot when braking at high speeds

·
The Green Machine
1,722 Posts
While not exactly inexpensive, you may want to check out EGR Brakes. I've heard good stuff about them and will probably be going with one of their setups.

Let us know what you go with and how they perform for ya :D

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i will let you know what i will go with, and give you a good description of any gains when i purchase the brakes hopefully in the next few days....i looked at EGR brakes also...Hawk pads are another company i have heard good things about. i may just buy slotted and drilled rotors off ebay, and EGR or Hawk pads. i have bosch ceramic pads on now, and they are really good with noise, and dust. The rotor kit from truck performance looks pretty good, and its suppose to include low dust pads(doesn't say if they are ceramic.) Anyone use SSBC products? i am still looking for more feedback...i cant be the only one trying to improve braking, the brakes on these trucks are really bad to begin with. ;)

·
retrogrouch
357 Posts
Try to find the Brembo sloted rotors great quality and great price too.

·
hot2k1ram
756 Posts
ssbc has a really nice rear disc conversion kit that im looking into, it's about 800 bucks but u get the complete kit, nice calibers in your choice of finishes, slotted and drilled rotors, and all the lines and farrows necessary, and yes the brakes suck from the factory, mine went out after 10,000 miles

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am using the SSBC short stop brake kit on my 4x4. It stops awesome!!! I have used this setup for about 4 years with great performance. I recently upgraded the rear brakes with new Raybestos Sure Stop shoes and 1 ton wheel cylinders. I also changed the front brake pads to Hawk HPS pads on the SSBC discs. Had all the drums and rotors turned. Flushed the whole brake system, and installed stainless lines. I am very pleased with this setup, as my truck has never stopped so good. SSBC is top quality. Wish I could get the rear disc conversion, but its too pricey IMHO. It feels like it actually has brakes now!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.