Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok folks,

This is the deal...I have some money, and am lookin to add some stuff...not sure what tho...

Here are my ideas...

1) spend some cash on the powersteps runnin boards, along with 2 inch rear level kit

2) 2 inch rear level kit, some black westin nerfs, and upgrade the stereo

3) 2 inch level kit, upgrade stereo, add DVD play to rear seats for the kids

4) not sure...what do you guys think? any ideas as for parts to some of these ideas?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,640 Posts
I say:

However, I would spray your Westin's with Line-X. I did that with mine, and it helps when they are wet or icy.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
04Ram2500Hemi said:
I say:

However, I would spray your Westin's with Line-X. I did that with mine, and it helps when they are wet or icy.
the wet, yes...the icy? not often in houston texas...

I'm not set on specifically westin's...I'll get with my truck parts guy and see what he recommends...

thank you for the quick response...any thoughts about which stereo equipment to go with?

·
Registered
546 Posts
what exactly are you wanting to do stereo wise? H/U? speakers? subs? what?

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
likely only head/speakers...if I were to go sub...it would have to be able to be switched off...just looking for something with better sound than stock...

·
Registered
546 Posts
well, i personally like the pioneer H/U's. most of the H/U's have the option of turning off the subs. As far as speakers go, ive heard nothing but compliments from component speakers. I personally like pioneer and alpine. Stay away from Sony (they are not that good)

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've had pioneer h/u's and speakers...alpines are new to me as far as speakers go...but never heard nothin bad...I've looked at some of the DVD player h/u's...

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,640 Posts

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like the 1400 dollar one...havent really looked at the 2K one...

·
Registered
546 Posts
ive always liked pioneer...them along with alpine have been on the top of my list as far as looks/sound quality goes for a system. one of my ex g/f's has 2 12" alpines in her jimmy, and they would rattle ur insides cuz they hit so hard.

how much are you looking to spend? cuz if you can...get a DVD H/U and atleast new door speakers. but u definitely dont want to go cheap, cuz u get what u pay for

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how much am I willing to spend? well, I aint cheap...I plan on keeping this for a while, and plan to get what I like...I've looked at some of the 2 an 300 dollar units...but I've also looked at some of the 1 and 2K units as well...I also am looking at a seperate dvd player for the back seat so the kids can watch movies while we drive...

I appreciate all the help so far

·
Registered
546 Posts
well, if you get the seperate dvd player for the back, dont forget that ull need to get monitors in the back as well, and im guessing your wanting to use the headrest monitors? if it was me... id get a cd h/u up front for you and the wifey, so yall can listen to music, and get a dvd player for the back that mounts in the back somewhere, or you can put it up front somewhere, get the headrest monitors, and the wireless headphones.

or you can just get a dvd h/u and hook up the headrest monitors to the h/u and use wireless headsets, and ur wife could watch movies while on the road too

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
I say get a nice full featured cd unit for your head unit. Then get a separate dvd player out back and headrest monitors or a flip down.

KB

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm lookin at a couple of the pioneer dvd h/u's...and the one thing that catches my eye is the vehicle dynamic processor thing...its listed on all three...would I need extra parts for that, if so, how much are those?

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
chrfoster10 said:
well, if you get the seperate dvd player for the back, dont forget that ull need to get monitors in the back as well, and im guessing your wanting to use the headrest monitors? if it was me... id get a cd h/u up front for you and the wifey, so yall can listen to music, and get a dvd player for the back that mounts in the back somewhere, or you can put it up front somewhere, get the headrest monitors, and the wireless headphones.

or you can just get a dvd h/u and hook up the headrest monitors to the h/u and use wireless headsets, and ur wife could watch movies while on the road too
I've already found the rear dvd setup...thats not too bad...

the h/u is gonna be the fun one...I found the parts I need to get that setup...YAY, another 400 bucks for that...plus installation for all of it...LOL

damn that dynamic processor thing is expensive...that may come later on...

·
Registered
546 Posts
i dont think installing it all would be that hard. imo, i would think the hardest thing would be routing/hiding the wires.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
time consuming more than anything...would rather let someone else do it...but thats just me...LOL

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
definitely Pioneer head unit with some Infinity Kappa series 3 way 6x9s and some components for the dash...they scream!! i had this set up in my last truck and it sounded awesome. in the truck before that i had a different pioneer head unit with some MBQuart components and it was badass too!!! when i get around to swapping out my stock infinity system its getting the Kappa's baby :rck: :rck:

BTW i installed the stuff myself and it just seems to give me more of a feeling of satisfaction and pride when someone gives a compliment...IMO....one thing is for sure-you chose a Dodge Ram over the other POS's so whatever choice ya make is probably gonna be a good one :D

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
LOL well, I'm lookin at the pioneer AVH-P5700DVD H/U...adding the AVG-VDP1 system for engine monitoring...plus sirius radio tuner thing...I figure I need one of them as the stock one wont work with the pioneer? speakers are prolly gonna be pioneer or alpine...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.