Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all...New here..

Am looking to purchase my first dodge...
I am gong to look at a 99 4x4 quad cab with a 5.9 auto with 106000 miles
Other than the plenum gasket leak I have read about are there any other things I should look for..??
Any 4x4 specific problems, wear items...???
I know every vehicle has their own little quirks about them.... :cool:

Thanks in advance..

·
Chicks dig bench seats.
1,901 Posts
Transmission and rear differential.. They both went out on mine, read my sig. Although there are plenty of rams on the road with 200,000 and never a problem. It is all random and also how it is maintained. I have never had a problem with the plentum gasket leaking though.

the under side of the driver door tends to rust, i would check that. The motors on these things seem to hold up very well though.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks...!!

Will make sure to check out that drivers door......

·
Registered
503 Posts
My truck likes to eat catylitic converters. I've replaced mine 4 times in 245,000 miles, and it just started rattling again. You could set a watch to it, 50,000 mile maintence for me is a new cat. Other than that, I've had now problems other than the normal stuff. (AC recharge, U-joints,I'm about to rebuild my Front end for the second time.) The kind of stuff you would expect with the miles my truck has. All running gear is original though, and I still don't use more that a quarter of a quart of oil between oil changes ( thank you amsoil!). To give you an idea of how much I trust this truck, It will be pulling my 67 Plymouth GTX down to columbus for the mopar nationals next month. 850 miles from home.

·
That's why I like Dodges!
165 Posts
Check the front end since it is a 4 X 4. The ball joints wear out in the track bar and cause the rest of the ball joints to wear out also. it causes the "death wobble". search for it to find out more. Good luck. You will love your truck!

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Yes, check the front end, known problem on the older model 4x4's. My 01 Off Road's front end was pouched at 35,000 miles, glad I still had warranty

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.