call a lock smith?

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
break a window?

·
Mopar or no car!
1,959 Posts
Go to the stealership and get a key made when they open up tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Wow on sunday that sucks big time ....and all you have is one key?

·
Team EH.
1,659 Posts
I would call a tow company to un lock her. My dad one morning went out and started my car only to lock the doors with it idling. We had a big snow storm the night before. My car ended up idling in the laneway for over 3 hours.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I had the dealership cut me a key that just works to unlock the doors, and keep it in my wallet. Don't know what to tell you for now though.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
You have 1-800-assist that came with the truck. It will get you in for free.

·
Flintstone
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lock smith got me in. What I night that was. Was at the New Mexico Bowl game that Wyoming won in Double over time. Spent the night in an RV park with the camper. Was not going to worry about the key until the morning but I ran out of LP with two babies. Anyway Got in and LP at around 4:00 am. Made it back home at 11:00 PM yesterday. Thanks for all the input DT rocks.

·
Im wired!!!
2,344 Posts
that happened to me in my 97 truck when i was cleaning it for trade in, i ended up drilling a hole in the floor board and pushing up the door handle with a hanger haha

·
Try harder
13,236 Posts
that happened to me in my 97 truck when i was cleaning it for trade in, i ended up drilling a hole in the floor board and pushing up the door handle with a hanger haha
Wow...someone thinks outside the box!

·
what's my bore?
3,933 Posts
Next time try pulling the antenna, pull the top of the door out just a bit, and slide in the antenna to push the power lock button, be carefull not to scratch the paint! Or spend the money on a lock smith.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I locked myself out the other day and called the first locksmith in the book. he got there very soon and had the door open in less than 15 sec. First he inserted a thin rod between the window and door that allowed a small bladder to fit in the crevice. he pumped the bladder up and this opened the crevice even wider, then using 2 rods he manipulated the levers and BAM the door was unlocked. cost 35 bucks and I felt like it was a bargain.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Do you guys not know about this free service you get from Chrysler?

Chrysler LLC 24 Hour Towing Assistance

Chrysler LLC 24/7 Towing Assistance covers all current model Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep cars and light trucks sold with the New Vehicle three year/36,000-mile Limited Powertrain Warranty. Questions regarding the coverage on the vehicle can be answered by calling 1 (800) 521-2779.

Chrysler LLC Towing Assistance Contact Number

Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep 1 (800) 521-2779

This plan includes: Lock-Out Assistance; Jump Starts; Gas Run-Outs; Ten Mile Free Towing. Any one of these services could save you $50 to $200.00

·
Registered
659 Posts
too bad i didnt buy a new truck. i got locked out on saturday while it was running. my brother-in-law tried with a hanger for like 20 minutes before my dad called and said we had a slim jim in the garage. opened in 3 seconds with that.

·
Flintstone
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I did call Dodge at to get in and still cost $66 to get me in and the locksmith if that is what you want to call him took 45 minutes to get in.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
I did call Dodge at to get in and still cost $66 to get me in and the locksmith if that is what you want to call him took 45 minutes to get in.
Call Chrysler and complain to them. The locksmith is supposed to charge Chrysler, not you. Get his right to do this revoked. He charged you and he also charged them.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.