DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine has a 2001 Intrepid. I'm pretty sure it has a 2.7L. The car was running a little sluggish and had a stalling problem. Was acting like it needed a tune up. No big deal, just annoying.
Anyhow, the car started "bucking" so He thought it was a good Idea to slam the gas pedal to the floor. Now the car won't shift out of 2nd (I think it's 2nd) and all the indicator lights are on (PRND etc.) I believe it's in "limp mode"
Does anyone know how to get it out of limp mode?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A little more info.
The check engine light has been on as long as they owned the car. But it was sending no codes.
They got it with around 75000 miles on it, now has around 82000. Now that this happened, the light went out, and it is sending a
" no signal from trans bus" code. Would this be the TCM, or can it just be the trans. output sensor???

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, speedo works. I unhooked the TCM and there is no change in anything at all. Does that mean it's the TCM?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hooked up a different TCM. I got 1st gear back, but when it goes to shift to third, it slips into neutral and revs. The trans fluid is like new. But third and forth gear seam to be gone. The PRND etc. are still all lit up with the different TCM. any suggestions?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I fixed the PRND problem. That was a blown 10 amp fuse. This fuse blew when the tranny puked, So the more I fiddle with it, the more I think it's an electrical issue, and not the trans. C'mon, any ideas, even if you think they are dumb???

·
Registered
3 Posts
it maybe a good idea to go to a tranmission shop cause i have a 95 intredip and the tran need a complete overhal. it ran me about $1800 for a new rebuilt tranmission.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.