DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. My girlfriend just bought a 2003 intrepid sxt (3.5) with 97000km on it, 2 nights ago she got code P0138 (o2 sensor circuit high voltage bank 1 sensor 2) so I cleared it to see if it came back, and if it did I was going to change the O2 sensor. This morning had light come on again, engine started bucking so she pulled over and called me. This time, had P0440 and P0344. Evap control system malfunction and camshaft position sensor A circuit intermittent. In the reading that I've done it sounds like p0440 can often be the leak detection pump, which I guess maybe could possibly give incorrect readings to the O2 sensors, and the engine starting to buck as the light came on could cause the cam sensor code. Just don't understand how the bucking is related to the evap system, or maybe it's two seperate problems. If there was an evap leak then there should be another code for that so it shouldn't be hoses...please let me know if I'm on the right track, you need more info or if anyone has any pointers it would be much appreciated. She's only had it 2 weeks so I don't know how to work on this thing yet! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply...the cam position sensor code (P0344, cam position sensor circuit intermittent) came back eventually so I changed the sensor a week ago. Tonight, however, got p0340 (cam position sensor circuit malfunction) and the o2 sensor code is back as well. Now I'm worried it's a wiring issue. Anyone else been through this? Thanks.

·
Registered
56 Posts
all I can say is that when I bought my first cam sensor, the car would not start at all with the new one, but after I got the 2nd it was fine and is still running. not tring to knock the after market, but I am very reluctent to buy anything other then GM since then. not saying thats your issue, but you cant be sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.