DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw awhile ago someone put a deck ( i think it was an alpine channel selector) in their overhead console. I am putting a 15in monitor in my dash right now and I want to see how they did it in the overhead console. Also, if you have never seen the pic before or dont think you can find it, i need to know how to get the factory overhead console off! thanks alot everone, if you have a custom dash please share it!

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
here is what im going after (ill be going with a silver + graphite theme though)

Attachments

·
Registered
414 Posts
That color is not exactly my cup of tea.

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah no kidding. man, someone on here has a sweet console mod.

·
Fade To Black
488 Posts
viper24 said:
I saw awhile ago someone put a deck ( i think it was an alpine channel selector) in their overhead console. I am putting a 15in monitor in my dash right now and I want to see how they did it in the overhead console. Also, if you have never seen the pic before or dont think you can find it, i need to know how to get the factory overhead console off! thanks alot everone, if you have a custom dash please share it!
Mine was held on by 2 small torx screws in the sunglass compartment, and 2 clips than just needed to be pryed out. I think the 05 lost the sunglass holder in the overhead console so yours may be different

·
Registered
678 Posts
Just installed the U-Connect in my 04 QC. The overhead console is removed by prying off the clear lens that is the reading lights and removing the two torx screws. Can't miss'em. Be carefull re-installing the lens cover though! It looks as if ya press to hard on the small pins that clip to the lens they would break very easily!!! Go slow. Oh the removal! After the two screws are out just pull down! Hey my first post!!!! Hope this helps.

:gr_patrio

·
Will lie for gas money...
45 Posts
brbrem said:
Just installed the U-Connect in my 04 QC.
:gr_patrio
Which radio do you have and which wire did you connect to mute the radio when a call comes in? Thats the only part of my install I did not complete...

·
Registered
678 Posts
I have the RAZ radio. The wiring harness is all I had to connect. Take the wiring harness from the radio, plug it into the U-Connect harness, take the U-Connect harness and plug it into the radio. Very easy install. Works like a charm. The radio mutes automatically when a call comes in. The only gripe I have is people tell me that they can barely hear me? Hummmmm I'm going to play with the mic a little bit.

·
Registered
678 Posts
merc43amg said:
Welcome to DT, glad you decided to come out and hope you enjoy this forum! It's a great sight with a lot of helpful people.

Been lurk'n for a long time since I got the Ram. One of the best forums I've seen yet. Very helpfull! So......Thanks to all!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.